B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i had my catback installed my car backfired here and there a few times a day. now That i installed my header it does it constantly.
Anyone have any suggestions.

·
f0rum z0mbie
781 Posts
Get a loud stereo and always have it cranked. :)

Seriously, you have a Spec V and all Specs that I have heard backfire every time you let off the gas. You probably notice it more now that you're exhaust is that much louder (with the header and the cat-back). Not a whole lot you can do to fix it. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

·
f0rum z0mbie
781 Posts
03BlackoutSER said:
thats a great suggestion but i other than that i dont really know hes right, or she (dont wanna piss anyone off) about all specs doing it.
What the heck did you just say??? :D

Like I said, all of the Specs I have heard backfire. Maybe someone else has one that actually doesn't.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
nope they all do it, free flowing exhaust=louder exhaust, take off the cat and it will be louder, it all comes with power.... perhaps put a resonator on the exhaust piping if there isnt one there already it will calm it down

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
not too bad usually around 30 bux, my greddy evo catback came with like a 20inch resonator, and i think it sound great, and that with a header, not raspy at all and very quiet unless it needs to be loud at WOT

·
Registered
201 Posts
i got nismo exhast [big resinator & very quiet] and the car still backfire when i let off the gas. sounds kind of cool...

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
If you don't like the backfiring, revert your car back to stock ;) Seriously, every QR25 powered car I've heard backfires with the header installed, it's the price you pay for more power

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not only the QR, almost all cars in the world with a header/headers and a cat-back will backfire. The only thing you can do is go back to stock to get rid of it.

·
Drinkin 40's of Haterade
774 Posts
A smaller diameter exhaust would help if you have a 2.5". I have a 2.25" with header and it makes the backfire sound but not all that often. My friends car with the same I/H/E mods but a 2.5" exhaust is much louder and pops much more often. A resonator will help though as well as making it sound better.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You're car isn't backfiring. A backfire sounds like a 12 gauge shotgun (ever watch "Uncle Buck"?) It's afterlighting, and you're gonna have to learn to live with it (unless of course you go back to stock.) It will quiet down a bit when the interior of the header gets a nice sooty coating on the inside.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts