B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone wassup I'm back and I missed all of you. I was finally able to get things working on my computer, but I had to change my name. like it? well I have a lot of things to say about my car and the things happening and just some good ole comments you guys might find handy. So here I go:

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [mail]J[email protected][/mail]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok here are my comments on the Hotshot CAI and on the thing about resetting your computer: the CAI is great, although I have nothing hooked up to the MAF adapter plate, which is a mystery(if anyone can tell me or send me some pics of where the line that goes into the MAF plate comes from that will be great). But besides the mystery everything fit great w/o any cutting and me instead of bending or cutting I just put some metallic tape around the hole(2 layers), and the scratching has stopped, I still need a bracket and if anyone could tell me how to make one that would be cool. The ECU resetting does work, but as some of you know our computer is a learning ECU, and the car was sluggish for about a week, but it's just a matter of breaking the engine in again. right now there is even a nicer growl in the 5000-6500rpm range. The car runs great and it sounds great. I have driven in heavy rain here in florida for a whole week and still no problems at all and no SES light ever. ok here I go about the Exhaust:

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to Scott and he told me that I will be receiving by the end of this week the last remaining rear section of the limited production of 12 stainless steel exhausts. He is making a mid-pipe for me today, and he will ship it tomorrow, Scott is really friendly and I am pretty sure he can work something out if you are still interested, but I dont think he'll be making anymore rear sections for two or three months(2002 WRX maybe?). But I am just happy that I got the last one of this amazing limited edition. I still got the original price of 525 dollars for the whole shabang, I think he's going to raise the price to 650 by production time(poor SE-R guys). well that's pretty much all I have to say, I hope to see some of you at Daytona, let me know if you go. I will have Underdrive Pulleys and maybe a torque converter and shift kit by then, so watch out 5-speed guys. Plus my car might get a little especialty make-over and a special blue/silver cameleon PPG paintjob that still is not mixed yet. ok let me know about anything guys, later.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I just talked to Robert from Hotshot and he cleared up the MAF adapter plate missing line thinggie. he explained to me that some 5-speeds have a line that goes adapted to the plate and other like mine's have a plug on the stock air box(top half) that you have to put on the MAF adapter plate, and that is it problem solved, hope this helps. Juan Cardenas ---> 1st Sentra in the 8-second club

------------------

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey 2k1DragSentra,

Thanks for the info, it's nice when people actually post their findings instead of keeping to them selves. I want to come to these races. Peace out!

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited March 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey welcome back bro,,,,
But you was asking about a bracket for the CAI my friend went to a Pep Boys and bought a metal muffler hanger that has a metal bracket attached to it with a bunch of holes and he tightened it around the intake pipe and screwed down that part with the holes to the side wall of the engine bay.....look into it......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey how much is the cameleon paint gonna cost ya???

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cameleon paint is going to be expensive on it's own, the shop is owned by a friend, so I only have to pay for the paint and the materials. Should I get a bodykit or no? should I do some crazy taillight and front-end conversions or no? I am thinking of something in the skyline R33 range. what yall think? the cameleon paint once we decide how many and what colors to put in it should cost about 1 to 1.5 grand on its own. that would be enough for about 7-10 layers of paint and then I will get 5 layers of clearcoat on top of that, with wet-sanding and buffing and blending every 2 or 3 layers. I am thinking of a silver/gold/blue cameleon, any other blue cameleon suggestions? My car should be about 75% show and drag ready by December, and I should be in some major competitions representing for us. I will put b15sentra.net along with all my other stickers that will probably be barely visible(I hate stickers).

------------------

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the CAI problem fixer I will hit up Pep Boys as soon as the Stromung gets here and it is all installed just in case of any complications.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts