B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm.....What ever happened to the "sport springed suspension" that the performance package offered?? I was speeding down a road in my neighborhood it was right after it rained and i was only going about 45 when i went down a hill and began to turn and as sooon as i hit this bump in the road the sentra fish taileD!! good thing there wasn't any cars coming or parked on the sides of the street or no more sentra!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I can tell..

You have never driven a motorcycle. When it just starts to rain the roads are as slipery as Ice. Consider this a valuable lesson learned. Suspension and traction are not really related.

Later,
Al

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Yes, what you expierenced is a common misconception. Roads are very slippery during the beginning of a rain. What happens is the oil built up on the road surface is lighter than water, so when rain hits, the oil flows to the top. It takes awhile before the oil runs off, so in the meantime you're driving on a very slippery rain/oil mixture, just as a dangerous as ice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
sorry guys but this really bugs me...you either die or you don't there is no gray area.....like near collison...isn't it a oxymoron?

-iLL

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Y2K SE said:
Yes, what you expierenced is a common misconception. Roads are very slippery during the beginning of a rain. What happens is the oil built up on the road surface is lighter than water, so when rain hits, the oil flows to the top. It takes awhile before the oil runs off, so in the meantime you're driving on a very slippery rain/oil mixture, just as a dangerous as ice.
I agree with this and what adc said adc100 You have never driven a motorcycle. When it just starts to rain the roads are as slipery as Ice. Consider this a valuable lesson learned. Suspension and traction are not really related.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course.....i know driving in the rain is a no no but it even happens when its bone dry out! maybe not fish tail but the back end gets loose as hell!

·
Registered
605 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
sorry guys but this really bugs me...you either die or you don't there is no gray area.....like near collison...isn't it a oxymoron?

-iLL
If someone cuts you off and they come within inches of their car, don't you say that you almost got into an accident? And why does it bug you? I think that your ignorance bugs me.

Nikki Taylor, ALMOST died. If you have a complication in a brain surgery, then you ALMOST died. If you get into a fight and the guy throws a punch at you and you duck, you ALMOST got punched. If two planes come within 2 meters of each other, it was a NEAR collision.

I was trying to share my experience of my accident with everyone else, to express the danger of driving fast on wet roads. I consider running off of the road and doing two 360s, while the driver's side ends up on opposing traffic, as ALMOST dying. I learned my lesson by ALMOST dying; now I drive speed limit and I don't street race.

You making a statement that there is no gray area and that saying almost is "wrong" somehow, is basically saying that EVERYTHING is black and white. Well sorry buddy, the real world isn't like that. There is ALWAYS gray area.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think what he was thinking was "near-miss", ala George Carlin, not "near-collision."

I could be wrong though, its been known to happen - just ask my g/f. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts