B15 Sentra Forum banner

B15sentra.net is being threated to be shut down ->

3K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  RussY2KSE 
#1 ·
My webhosting company which was runned by a friend has now threated to take down b15sentra.net within 2 weeks if not moved sooner. We have gone way over our bandwidth limit and our time with them. I can't afford the $250 a month he is requesting to keep this site running. Me and David are trying to find a solution asap, but we are down to where sentra.net and b15sentra.net using one forums is gonna have to be split. As well as finding us a new provider.

If anyone has any input, we need it now. Thanks guys

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

See less See more
#27 ·
What I can do for right now, is switch this UBB over to EZBOARD, meaning everything will change. You will have to relogin, and it will not be as pretty. But it will take alot of our bandwidth away and give us time to decide what to do. Also I can find a hosting service that will only charge us $30 a month to support just the HTML part of this club, that will keep us up but not pretty. I think its the best resolution we have, but I am gonna have to pay this monthly fee out of my pocket which will not be good. I can probably ask for donations of $1 dollar to come into my paypal accout to help pay for the $30 a month.... Give me uyour ideas.

------------------

Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

#28 ·
block EVERYONE.
like someone said above. and i guess when we begin paying our fees, you'll UNBLOCK us.

im sure a cookie could be created that would work like a timer on the visitors PC. the current cookie reads "You last visited: October 21, 2000 12:37 PM ". you could create a cookie to read something like "todays date it Macrh 8 2001, your last posting date is March 20 2001 unless we receive your mothly fee" or something to that effect.

another forum i visit often is www.sitepointforums.com its for webmasters and the like. they use the VBulletin v6. one feature that i really like about it is that it uses a script that emails you whenever someone responds to your post. let say for example i post a question in the 'CLIENT SIDE SCRIPTING' forum and i would like email notification when someone else responds to my post. that feature would work great for the Sentra Bulletin because right now, i have to come and read through all my posts on the boards just to see if someone responded or not. but with the VBulletin v6, it simply emails you when someone responds. i currenyl have over 15 posts in 15 different forums and i check the site only when i get an email notifying me.

the Sentra bulletin would greatly benefit from something like that. im not sure if you could simply insert the script into the server or if you have to convert all your files to the new VBulletin board (i know for a fact that they do offer a conversion).

it may be worth looking into.
and whatever the outcome of this holocaust, i am willing to pay for your service to me and every other Nissan Aficionado out there.

in my opinion, i am willing to pay $10 a month for your services.

------------------
visit my site

i ride in a
2001 SE, color = Jaded, has the Super-Sized Performance-Package, 5 gears, no gascap holder, 16 inch 6 spoke alloy wheels by O.E.M., and an overhead compartment for storing my $10 sunglasses while i zig-zag past Hyundais or i mean, Honduhs on the street.

in da future i wanna
PR CAI, Stillen front-end, and a nice sexy exhaust note.

#29 ·
I will pay whatever it is in a resonable manner to keep this site up.

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims (in the mail)

#32 ·
Well, I know I don't post off topic much, because I use this place for INFO. I actually care about the graphics and the UBB. I would be willing to pay. So, if 100 people actually become "members", the we'd all be paying lots of money on this site. The site wouldn't get that much traffic. I mean, people got cars from the information from this site. I've helped my share of people with problems. The INFORMATION part of this BB CANNOT DIE. Even with a free BB, that would be much better to limit people from accessing this site. I like the B10-B14 people's input. I agree that it will be harder to work that the UBB. I do like the way this site is set up right now.

I know that this is not much help, but I want everyone to still be able to chill talk about what they talk about, and still get the information about their Sentra. The Place Racing group buy would not ever have happened without this site and the knowledge I have gained from everyone here. I would just hate to see this site go down. I left last year when sentra.net UBB went down. That sucked. I'm glad this place picked up the pieces.

I'll pay if I have to, but I feel we will lose the most important part of the UBB, the people, unless we "members" could have the perks of the site, and the others have a more limited version, but the same access to information. Gahhh....I'm going nuts here!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

#33 ·
This forum has email notification. Turn it on in your profile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jam JAMMO:
block EVERYONE.
like someone said above. and i guess when we begin paying our fees, you'll UNBLOCK us.

im sure a cookie could be created that would work like a timer on the visitors PC. the current cookie reads "You last visited: October 21, 2000 12:37 PM ". you could create a cookie to read something like "todays date it Macrh 8 2001, your last posting date is March 20 2001 unless we receive your mothly fee" or something to that effect.

another forum i visit often is www.sitepointforums.com its for webmasters and the like. they use the VBulletin v6. one feature that i really like about it is that it uses a script that emails you whenever someone responds to your post. let say for example i post a question in the 'CLIENT SIDE SCRIPTING' forum and i would like email notification when someone else responds to my post. that feature would work great for the Sentra Bulletin because right now, i have to come and read through all my posts on the boards just to see if someone responded or not. but with the VBulletin v6, it simply emails you when someone responds. i currenyl have over 15 posts in 15 different forums and i check the site only when i get an email notifying me.

the Sentra bulletin would greatly benefit from something like that. im not sure if you could simply insert the script into the server or if you have to convert all your files to the new VBulletin board (i know for a fact that they do offer a conversion).

it may be worth looking into.
and whatever the outcome of this holocaust, i am willing to pay for your service to me and every other Nissan Aficionado out there.

in my opinion, i am willing to pay $10 a month for your services.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

#34 ·
Go ahead and make it a B15 ****ing forum. You think that you can come up with $250 a month with just B15s??????
Over 3/4 of the people on the BB are not B15 owners. I am more than willing to pay. I am not lying like some people might be either. I will pay and do what I can to help. But if you make it a B15 only forum that just means that you all SUCK.
Look at my B13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

#35 ·
Chrissy calm down now. No one is gonna pay a cent if its the last thing I have to do. We about to combine se-r.net sentra.net and b15 to all one forums and all one server. So this is good. Anyways, everyone be patient..I just did alot of cleaning so that is why alot of messages are missing now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chrissy:
Go ahead and make it a B15 ****ing forum. You think that you can come up with $250 a month with just B15s??????
Over 3/4 of the people on the BB are not B15 owners. I am more than willing to pay. I am not lying like some people might be either. I will pay and do what I can to help. But if you make it a B15 only forum that just means that you all SUCK.
Look at my B13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

#37 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RussY2KSE:
Chrissy calm down now. No one is gonna pay a cent if its the last thing I have to do. We about to combine se-r.net sentra.net and b15 to all one forums and all one server. So this is good. Anyways, everyone be patient..I just did alot of cleaning so that is why alot of messages are missing now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet! Keep everyone posted, Russ.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff...

#38 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chrissy:
SO its all done? Panick for nothing?
Now we know who the bad people are.....B15 only...hmmmffff
Russ get me on AIM will ya
ChrissyZCar

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still on the server that threatens to shut us down, so its not over yet for sure. But I am about to move it to the new one as soon as se-r.net and Mike lets me know.

------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.