B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during a discussion today with Ben, he had mentioned he is going to be re-releasing the sr20de header for the sr20de.

he wants it to be compatible with the newer b15's but his proto-type car is a older chasis.

anyone willing to loan their car for test-fittment....would help in getting this part out to the market, as well as im sure a good discount on the part is in order.

if interested and can loan car for fitment, call AEBS @ 858-693-3200 ask for Ben Ma

I don't think the header has even approached the prototyping stages, so now is a great time to give input and establish this.
 

·
Theory freak learning...
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
I guess they don't want the same thing happen with the QR25 header and found out the alternator was too close/touching it on the SE-R/Spec-V. Good move from them to test it before! We all learn from our mistakes ;)

I'm sure you can find an B15 SE near their area for prototype...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
Too long of a drive from Miami or else I'd lend them my car ;)
 

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
angel2167882 said:
I guess they don't want the same thing happen with the QR25 header and found out the alternator was too close/touching it on the SE-R/Spec-V. Good move from them to test it before! We all learn from our mistakes ;)

I'm sure you can find an B15 SE near their area for prototype...
the alternator never touched on the prototype vehichle, unfortunately every nissan doesnt have the exact same clearance as the next. and the primaries where a tad large, so a bracket was fabbed to cure the problem.
 

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont think they work weekends plus they may need your ride for more than a day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
the only thing the b15 needs is a hanger in the right spot on the downpipe...shouldnt be more than a day but sh*t happens...Ill give him a ring
 

·
3.5 PWN3S JOOH!
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there was a clearance issue on the b15 supposedley and they want to remedy that.
 

·
Engi-nerd
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
The main clearance issue they've always had on the SR20 is that their design hangs lower than the crossmember. Thats why the redesign. The only other thing for cross compatibility between older and newer SR20 headers is placing the bends to match up for the exhaust hanger on ours. For instance, the old gen HS headers come obscenely close to our hanger mount. Like the rubber mount in its normal position woud press up against the header pipes. The rubber mount can be pushe foreward and angled a little to prevent contact though. I don't think I'll ever get my secondaries off, now that I had a hanger mounted, without cutting the rubber mount. Thats something that HS, I assume, remedied in addition to simply adding the hanger for the Gen 5. Thats the kind of things AEBS is probably wanting to study the b15 for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
Driving Illini said:
The main clearance issue they've always had on the SR20 is that their design hangs lower than the crossmember. Thats why the redesign. The only other thing for cross compatibility between older and newer SR20 headers is placing the bends to match up for the exhaust hanger on ours. For instance, the old gen HS headers come obscenely close to our hanger mount. Like the rubber mount in its normal position woud press up against the header pipes. The rubber mount can be pushe foreward and angled a little to prevent contact though. I don't think I'll ever get my secondaries off, now that I had a hanger mounted, without cutting the rubber mount. Thats something that HS, I assume, remedied in addition to simply adding the hanger for the Gen 5. Thats the kind of things AEBS is probably wanting to study the b15 for.
Gen 5 HS has a hanger on the secondary? News to me.
 

·
Theory freak learning...
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
2000SR20 said:
Gen 5 HS has a hanger on the secondary? News to me.
Hotshot header DON'T have a secondary pipe and I doult they are at the 5th generation ;)

I have a quite new HS header on my QR25 and there is a lower bracket to hold the header but it's still attach on the block. It's not a exhaust hanger pin. Are you guys talking about this one??? (pic of mine):
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
Damn, I wish I had that hanger to help keep the header from cracking...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top