B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AWD > FWD
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am doing another run of PVC speaker spacers. These add depth to the front door location without hitting the door panel.

The cost of the material is up to $70 a board (based on rising oil prices), but I just took the proceeds from the last few sales and bought more material. I try to do several sets all at once to be more efficient, and I am taking orders for the next run. I have made and sold about 20 sets in the past, between here, myspecv, and the (now defunct) vbored. Prices will be $28 SHIPPED in the US per pair.

Until further notice, they are changed to 5/8" thick PVC spacers with a 5" center cutout. Since Pioneer, Boston, Alpine, Polk, and generally 90% of common speakers have a 5" in cutout diameter, I went with 5" for the universals.

Custom center cutouts are available to fit special applications. PM me for details on that option.

Edit: Have one extra set. See last post.

·
AWD > FWD
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just sold the last set in this run.

I will be making 4-6 more sets this weekend, for those who are interested.

Edit:

I have had a few requests for thinner spacers- somethig in the range of 5/8-3/4" thick.

I can do them, if I have enough interest. I will spend the extra $$$ and buy the tinner material, because I will certainly be able to recoup the costs of the material down the road. I just bought a bunch of the 1" material and had not planned to buy more material until I ran low on that.

If you guys want them, though, I can get a piece of the thinner stuff.

Let me know if you are interested and I will see what the demand is.

·
AWD > FWD
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
I have shipped 6 sets but I still have to cut 2 more sets tonight and ship them this weekend. I am sorry for the delay, but I ran short on material and I had to get more. It takes 4 days to get it in. In the mean time, I found some leftover material from a past run, so I will use that for the remaining 2 sets of spacers.

When the new material comes in next week, I will be doing another run.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Forgive me for asking an ingorant car audio question. Are these for 6" speakers recommended in the FAQ? Or another size? 5"?

·
AWD > FWD
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bbechtel16 said:
Forgive me for asking an ingorant car audio question. Are these for 6" speakers recommended in the FAQ? Or another size? 5"?
5" is the mounting diameter of most aftermarket speakers that are sold as a 6.5" speaker. Most 6.5" speakers will mount just fine in the doors of a B15 sentra, HOWEVER, if the speaker is any deeper than 1.9", the window will hit the magnet or basket of the speaker when the window is lowered. To move the speaker out to allow the window to clear, people use spacers.

The other benefit of the spacers is that if your speaker of choice has a mounting diameter that is wider than 5" (Rainbow, Hertz, ADS, and other european brands come to mind), then a custom mounting diameter on the inner circle (the "cutout") allows them to be used from both a depth and diameter standpoint, whereas without a spacer or adapter, you have very limited aftermarket speaker options that fall under 1.9" of mounting depth and have a mounting diameter of 5" or less.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are these beveled to angle the speaker upward too, or just spaced?

·
Registered
138 Posts
How deep of a speaker can I go without needing spacers? I just don't wanna order them and end up not needing them...

·
AWD > FWD
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know that I am getting back into making the B15 speaker spacers! I've been keeping busy making tons of these for the Subaru guys, but I wanted to come back to my original forums and make some of these for the Nissan guys (Maximas too).

I'm still using PVC, but now I have the option to use either 1/2" or 3/4" thick material. For most Nissan applications, I recommend the 1/2", while most Subarus need the 3/4". These are usually only necessary for door speakers, so most Sentras will only need spacers for the front speakers as the rear speakers are in the rear deck.

My good friend Nick (95maxrider on Maxima.org) will be handling most of the Nissan spacers, while I will continue with the Subaru parts. Please send all Nissan-related questions through email to: Nick at subaruaudio dot net (put together).

These B15/Maxima adapters will fit most Nissans from the past 15 years (including 350Z/G35/370Z/G37) with minor adjustments, but we need a guinea pig first to get exact measurements first. If you or someone you know has one of these cars, please contact us so we can figure something out!

Nissan spacers are $30/pair shipped (w/in the continental US), or $55 shipped for all 4. These are still made to order, and we can get any speaker (of the proper size) to fit your car!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts