B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys who debaged your B15 willing to part with your 2.0 badge? I will pay for the shipping and or the badge. my email is [email protected] if you wish to contact me by email.
thanks,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd be willing to send my 2.0 badging if someone could tell me how to cleanly take off the badging. I plan on replacing the badging on my 2001 with the 2002 SE-R badging. I mean its a SE w/ performance pkg. Its essentialy a SE-R, right?? :D Besides, I'm not trying to mock the 2002 exactly. I'll put the badging where I think it looks best with the rest of what I'm doing with my car.
So, how do you get all this badging off nice and cleanly?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nope, it is not basically the SE-R... the SE-R is gonna have a 2.5 litre engine and a better suspention, so... uh... yeah.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Got Rice? said:
I'd be willing to send my 2.0 badging if someone could tell me how to cleanly take off the badging. I plan on replacing the badging on my 2001 with the 2002 SE-R badging. I mean its a SE w/ performance pkg. Its essentialy a SE-R, right?? :D Besides, I'm not trying to mock the 2002 exactly. I'll put the badging where I think it looks best with the rest of what I'm doing with my car.
sounds lame, why dont you put a type R badge while your at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
samo said:
Nope, it is not basically the SE-R... the SE-R is gonna have a 2.5 litre engine and a better suspention, so... uh... yeah.
Well, its a 2001 SE-R, is what I mean. ;) Besides, I have a SR20DE decal on the ridgeline of the rear anyway, so it won't be mistaken for a 2002 QR25 SE-R. And by the time I'm done, I'll have a better suspension :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
That reminds me - the other day I saw a black Accord that actually looked pretty nice EXCEPT... it had a bright (and I mean bright) green windshield banner (on a black car? What the heck?) and a nice, big, fat, TYPE R right above the label that said DX. So, what we have is the amazing, jet-powered, 2500HP, 300MPH J-spec Accord Type RDX... ugh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
see..ive never understood that either...if ur gonna be ricey, at least take of ur stock embelms..no more civic type REXs and shiz like that..haha..if anyone ever mistook a se for a SER, im sure it would be settled in a drag...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I'd give ya my 2.0 badge, but it isn't in perfect condition...

I tell ya what, tho... for those who wanna sell theirs, you gotta use some like "goo-be-gone" stuff from your local auto/hardware store. It'll get rid of the goo and then you can slide the badge off.

You CANNOT peel the 2.0 off and keep it intact!! The material is soft, and when you peel, it stretches and leaves stretch marks on the badge... that's what happened to mine. From a distance it's fine, but close up it's obviously messed up.. so be forwarned!!

Use the gunk remover then use a plastic chisel like thing to pry under it and slide it off.

Then to glue it on, just get some 3M emblem glue (from auto store). I got some and it works great!

There's my 2 cents...

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Got Rice, are you for real?, or is it some retard from clubsi?.... c'mon now, why would you put an SE-R badge on an SE. Hey what the heck!....I'm gunna put a Skyline badge on my Sentra!:).... NOT!!!!!!!.... Dude...be for real!

·
Registered
268 Posts
samo said:
That reminds me - the other day I saw a black Accord that actually looked pretty nice EXCEPT... it had a bright (and I mean bright) green windshield banner (on a black car? What the heck?) and a nice, big, fat, TYPE R right above the label that said DX. So, what we have is the amazing, jet-powered, 2500HP, 300MPH J-spec Accord Type RDX... ugh.
hehe why would ppl sometimes try to pretend to be something when they are not? I got a 1.8L and i am pretty proud of my ride that i can still beat a civic EX.....(oh well...maybe a LX......HX....DX....DOH!)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Got Rice? said:
i hope you're kidding. Anyways, the best way to take off your badges is to use a credit card. Just get the card under one of the edges and slowly work your way down. To take the goop off, use WD40. Just spray, and rub off, repeat if necessary. when you're finished, just wash the area off with a little soap and water. No paint scratching, and perfect removal.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
97 Black SER said:
Any of you guys who debaged your B15 willing to part with your 2.0 badge? I will pay for the shipping and or the badge. my email is [email protected] if you wish to contact me by email.
thanks,
the badges are almost a gel type substance. at least mine were. you can pick em up from the dealer for like $7 and it's in perfect shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Enemigo said:
Got Rice, are you for real?, or is it some retard from clubsi?.... Dude...be for real!
Jesus, it was just an idea I was playing around with in my head. Like I said, I figure a 2001 SE/pp is pretty much a 2001 SE-R. Besides, it's obviously not the only thing I'd be doing to the car. There's quite a few mods I'm planning soon to defend myself in the event that anyone questions me on the street. But if this many people get pissed off at the mention of it, I might do something else.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Lee said:
97 Black SER said:
thanks,
the badges are almost a gel type substance. at least mine were. you can pick em up from the dealer for like $7 and it's in perfect shape.
Hey Lee the only reason yours was like a gel type substance is because your down in that hot FL sun:D

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Got Rice? said:
Jesus, it was just an idea I was playing around with in my head. Like I said, I figure a 2001 SE/pp is pretty much a 2001 SE-R. Besides, it's obviously not the only thing I'd be doing to the car. There's quite a few mods I'm planning soon to defend myself in the event that anyone questions me on the street. But if this many people get pissed off at the mention of it, I might do something else.

technically, you have a point of it being an se-r equivalent, based on the sr20de. however, since the se-r hasn't existed in years, not really holding water.

on a side note, if you want to misbadge your car, go for it. who cares what anyone else thinks. are they paying your car payment? no, i doubt it. if you want to put a huge vinyl honda logo on the rear wndow, go for that too. it's your car, do what you want. you can't please everyone, but as long as you like it, do it up. be strong, fight the power.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Lee said:
Got Rice? said:

technically, you have a point of it being an se-r equivalent, based on the sr20de. however, since the se-r hasn't existed in years, not really holding water.

on a side note, if you want to misbadge your car, go for it. who cares what anyone else thinks. are they paying your car payment? no, i doubt it. if you want to put a huge vinyl honda logo on the rear wndow, go for that too. it's your car, do what you want. you can't please everyone, but as long as you like it, do it up. be strong, fight the power.
:D I have to agree with LEE :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, it will make A LOT of people pissed of, and no, I am not trying to bash you. It is just that most of us have tried to be different than that of the Honduh's owners, trying to be something that they are not.

Having an SR20 motor does not make you own an SE-R, especially when there is no such thing as 2001 SE-R. There are a lot more intangible stuff that makes SE-R an SE-R, not just the motor. I guess what I am trying to get at is that "the whole is more than the sums of its parts".

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Zackman said:
Yes, it will make A LOT of people pissed of, and no, I am not trying to bash you.

nor am i bashing you for the following:
this is the point i'm trying to make. who care who gets pissed. kiss my *** for all i care. if the guy wants a butt plug for a shift knob and a dildo for an antennae, i say go for it. (just please don't post pics! well, just the butt plug, but only for wes' sake! ;) )Look at the user name. (got rice?) there has to be some amount of rice there. i mean if my user name were N0S'd 2k, what would that lead you to believe? there is the freedom of choice. you can choose what you want to do, but you CANNOT control the reaction you get. (every action has an equal and opposite reaction. it's just plain science!) hell, most people thought galileo was crazy. round planet? pfft! sir isaac who? gravity? what are you smokin?!? einstein and e=mc2? crazy old rat bastard with poofey hair! free the slaves? President Lincoln, are you okay? have you gone mad?? OK, who the F*ck chopped down my cherry tree? George, c'mere!

It is just that most of us have tried to be different than that of the Honduh's owners, trying to be something that they are not.

nissan nazi's? ;) ever notice how sometimes people who try so hard to be different turn out being the same? people get tattoo's to be different. ok, so now 2 million people have tattoos. what's different about that? the tattoo's themselves are different. hmmm. here's another angle:

i want to paint my calipers to be different.
i want a CAI to be differnt.
i want rims to be different.
i want to get all the other goodies everyone else has so i can be different.

you know who's different? corporal jeff. he doesn't even have a nissan and is welcome here with open arms. (well... ;) )

(ok, bad angle. some of these are performance related. i'll give you that, but let's say HYPOTHETICALLY)

hondah owner's may have ALOT of rice. ok, more than uncle ben, but they have the freedom to do it. just as we do. well, at least american's do. i'm not up on other countries and laws. (however, i don't think the dildo antennae would go over well anywhere.)

Having an SR20 motor does not make you own an SE-R, especially when there is no such thing as 2001 SE-R. There are a lot more intangible stuff that makes SE-R an SE-R, not just the motor. I guess what I am trying to get at is that "the whole is more than the sums of its parts".

I couldn't agree more. very good way of putting it!
in the words of the 2 ponchos from blazing saddles "we don''t need no stinking badges" ok, i have rambled off so far i can't figure out where i was going. either way, if you don't like it and it's not on your car, who cares? however, you have a right to say that you don't like it. nice catch 22, huh?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts