B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just got my b & m short shifter. it feels great... the stock throw is 4.5" and with the b & m is 2.5... this was done with out any mods to the shifter linkage or anything.

also regarding the shift knob, i'm not sure about the ones without the leather knob. but the leather one, it can only be installed and not taken out. damn nissan... so we had to cut the knob off to remove the shifter...

·
Registered
10 Posts
so b&m makes a short shifter for us now. how much does it cost? How does it feel compaered to stock? tia

------------------
2001 granite SE w/PP MODS:
Place Racing CAI
U.R. underdrive pulleys.
Stromung Cat-back Exhaust
Eibach Sportlines

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they retail from 165-250, depending on where u go. it feels alot better, u can feel it engage. the throw is also smoother.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, so how did you get the shift knob off? I just got a new shift knob but the old one wont freakin' come off. i've heard people taking dremmels and just plain chopping the sucker off........ what did you use? oh you got pix of your new mod?

------------------
Jaded 2000 SE with Performance Package. ABS, Side Air-bags, in cabin microfilter, and PIAA headlights.

Thinking about:
Hotshot or PR CAI
Stromung Cat-back

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ull have to cut if off. theres no way u can take it off without cutting it. u'll under stand when ut cut it apart. theres a peice of plastic which is molded onto the stick which acts like an arrow. and when it goes in the knob, it wont come out b/c of the way its shaped.

we cut it off with a nife, u dont really need a dremel. 2 more months, then i'll post all the pics from all my mods and descriptions of it.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOFFEE:
damn that' expensive. are they the only company that makes it for b15's<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. SMC also makes a short shifter, but I'm fague on the price. A few people around the BB purchased them awile ago. Hope this helps a bit.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
72 Posts
i also have a civic, and i bought a dc short shifter for it. it only cost me $99 shipped to my door.

is there a big difference between a civic's and a b15's shifter?

im sorry i just got the car, thats why i don't know jack**** about it.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
72 Posts
and one more thing, what's company is SMC?
do they have a website? any websites where i can find more aftermaket part for b15s?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOFFEE:
i also have a civic, and i bought a dc short shifter for it. it only cost me $99 shipped to my door.

is there a big difference between a civic's and a b15's shifter?

im sorry i just got the car, thats why i don't know jack**** about it.

thanks guys!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is your short shifter adjustable? the SMC is, you can buy from william at www.importpartsplus.com
see banner in forums

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(My EF is almost here!)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, b&m short shifter is not adjustable. i haven't seen or used a smc shifter b4, i cant comment on their quality. i can say that b&m is better that greddy shifters. i've always used greddy shifters on my hondas b4. but greddy dont have anything for us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The old shift knob comes off. It just takes some strength. Didn't have to cut lube it or anything.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas, Stillen Headers
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
B & M make good shifters. I was thinking about buying one of their ripper shifters, but it costs like $120.

------------------
White 95 Sentra GLE

·
Registered
747 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarioV2000SE:
The old shift knob comes off. It just takes some strength. Didn't have to cut lube it or anything.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you turn or pull?????

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
15 Posts
I turned the shift knob counter clockwise. It's a ***** but it can be done.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas, Stillen Headers

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dood mario, did u look at the pix someone else have posted when he changed their knob. ur not able to take it out, its not a screw on type. its kinda like molded on. the knob is a 3 peice knob. leather, which is the cover
rubber, the actual knob
hard plastic, thats molded on the shifter
the way the inside of the rubber peice is made, its only made to go on, not come off. u cant even turn it b/c its not round. it has small lil tabs like keys on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
it's easy to take off, take off shifter, wrap the knob in a towel for protection, drive the front wheel over it, insert screwdriver into base of shifter and torque it off, the knob will screw right onto the new short shifter

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chino,

I got it to screw off and back on. I sent you a pic so you could see I wasn't full of it. The shift knob is completely intact.

------------------

1 - 20 of 24 Posts