B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.Carparts.com lists B+G B15 coilover's for our cars! the part number checks out with the manufacturers website: http://www.b-gsuspension.com

it looks like a true coilover and has a limited lifetime warranty... anyone familiar with the company? they're kind of pricy at $1500...but if you get the 30% off deals like carparts sometimes offers, it could be an awesome deal.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE P/P, Window Tint, Razo carbon fiber pedals, SMC short shifter, Energy Suspension shifter bushing, Stillen front air dam, Place Racing CAI, K&N breather

·
Registered
778 Posts
yup[s, bg is a very reliable brand. in fact, thats what most of nis knacks supply of springs are. do they have just plain ol drop springs from bg for us?

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
778 Posts
do they have just plain ol drop springs from bg for us?

[/B][/QUOTE]
ok , nm...i found them. list 159. 1.5 around.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
yup they have both springs and coilover kits...
The springs themselves go for $259.....

Now I'm wondering on the coilover kit what they are using for shocks????

But it is deffinetly B15 specificit has a different part number than the B14's.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
259 Posts
some BG info....

B&G S3 Coil-Over Suspension
B&G Suspension introduces the new S3 Speed Sensitive Suspension for 2001. Utilizing Formula One shock technology B&G has designed a new S3 system to give you the optimum handling and control you've come to expect from B&G Suspension products. The new S3 system features an exclusive digressive valving, which automatically adjusts to changes in the road surface by softening or stiffening dampening forces. This exclusive low speed bleed system increases dampening forces under cornering and spirited driving while providing a comfortable ride at low speeds and on smooth surfaces. All S3 systems feature gold cadium plated steel shock bodies with up to 4 inches of ride height adjustment using the new S3 adjustment ring and locking collar. S3 spring sets are tuned for optimum handling utilizing B&G linear rate racing designs. Completing the package are indestructible spring separators with tender springs to maintain proper pre-load. All S3 shocks are completely re-buildable and can be designed with custom valving and spring rates for drag racing, road racing, and canyon carving. For the best coil-over suspension available, go with S3.

nice stuff!

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
446 Posts
How does this price compare to what some of the Honda guys are paying for comparable coil-overs? I'm sorry but I can't justify dropping $1,500 on a suspension set up. I am sure that I can achieve the set up that I want for much less than that. That is not saying that it will be as great at B+G or Intrax, but when I think $1,500 I think 1/2 to a supercharger.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
259 Posts
ok, lemme see the best approach. ok, we know that honda parts are and will always be dirt cheap compared to ours. they have a readily available supercharger(s) and we don't. they have turbo kits available and we don't. (b15's)they have things we can only wish we had. you can get good headers for a civic for under $300 all day long. ours, well under $400.

for civics, the same caliber of true coilovers run $1000-$1600. ours start about $1500. simple supply vs. demand economics. you CAN get cheaper setups and if that is what you want and it gives you the ride you like, then more power to you. i am not trying to influence anyone to do something they do not want. just help by sharing what i've learned from experience.

i went the cheap way before and then rode in the same car with true coilovers and i will never do it any other way. the ride comfort was unbelievable for a 2" drop where mine was less. the ride was smooth, but when you hit the corners and had to break hard, fugget about it. no comparison. i would rather stay stock than go thru that again. my kidneys will thank me. :D

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
297 Posts
My Brother got DC Ceramic 4-2-1 headers for his Civic for $140 bucks at Moroso. I hate him now. :(

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Custom Aluminum Mesh Front Grille by Myself, Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust, and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in less than 2 weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
623 Posts
hey guys, i just contacted bg and they said if anyone wants the coilovers. they are in back order. it will take atleast 6-8 weeks to get them hehe.

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
hey guys, i just contacted bg and they said if anyone wants the coilovers. they are in back order. it will take atleast 6-8 weeks to get them hehe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try ask them about drop spring group deals. we can make this work.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
I just talked to B&G. They have nothing for us. They have a n15 (?) setup for the cars over in europe. I would venture a guess the setup is no where near the same. They don't plan on producing a b15 setup at least till the end of the year. So I guess they are being wishful thinkers on their website.

Oh well. Guess I will go pound on some more suspension makers doors.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
I just talked to B&G. They have nothing for us. They have a n15 (?) setup for the cars over in europe. I would venture a guess the setup is no where near the same. They don't plan on producing a b15 setup at least till the end of the year. So I guess they are being wishful thinkers on their website.

Oh well. Guess I will go pound on some more suspension makers doors.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I got almost the same answer as you did david when I called them.....I was very dissapointed when I got that answer and I let them know about,,,,,I was gonna actually invade my 401K account for the money for these things but after that little answer they gave me,,,I think I'll wait for something else to come along.....

Sorry B&G but you don't say you have something and come to find out that you totaly lied and don't even make them yet...

Sorry guys just venting a little steam...

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 12 of 12 Posts