B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Also, check out Home Depot or Lowe's around memorial day for canopies. They usually go on sale then. You could probably get on for about $60 (10'x10')

·
TV owns my soul
1,268 Posts
What about helmets? I plan to do this more than once, but I think I'd rather not have to drop a lot of money to get started, you know, spend the money a little at a time.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
be careful on buying cheap aluminum canopies.. you will regret it..

waste of 60 bucks at any pit area.. could cost more if it flies away and hits a car..

as for helmets. shop alot.. i found a nice sa2000 helmet for 65 bucks last year. just shop around..

edit i did not buy the helmet. my Yellow HJC is approved M95

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
GoodbyeMax said:
What about helmets? I plan to do this more than once, but I think I'd rather not have to drop a lot of money to get started, you know, spend the money a little at a time.
Fluid1 and I both got ours from www.racerwholesale.com they have good closeout deals from time to time. If you are patient enough like SR20Dee is saying, you can find a low cost SA2000. Basically:

M2000 - Autox only
SA200 - Full Racing

·
TV owns my soul
1,268 Posts
What about seat belts? Standard 3 point alright, I'm assuming

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Yay , all of this means something after I found out about NORA . :) A break-away faction of SCCA Solo II drivers . Looks like I'll be autocrossing this Spring / Summer after all . :)

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Someone or a group of autocross drivers needs to write a book with information like all of this . I've yet to see a Everything You Wanted To Know About Autocross....But Were Afraid To Ask Tony , novice handbook :D

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
hehe
there are some great books allready out there. check barnes and noble and borders. the book i have really pointed out alot of issues i had while driving. correcting them has helped me make up 2 full seconds.

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
fluid1 said:
The best thing of all is, Steve reads these books, I just drink until I fall down....and then go race! :D
LMFAO...so is that where my career should start...:D I've become a light weight lately...I might need a little coaching...:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
lol!
Actually Steve and I will likely not be at Nationals this year. Next year, yes.

p.s. Picked up the 89 Si Sunday.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts