B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an old post, but I heard someone say they heard of a automatic tranny fluid that makes shift's faster or should I say quicker. Can anyone tell me about this. Does it make the car kind of faster? I think it was called "trick ?????".

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE P/P Package
Auto Tranny

·
Registered
119 Posts
Redline MTL or MT-90 is good for manual boxes but I don't think anyone makes a performace shifting fluid for autos. Autos will shift at the same speed no matter what fluid is in there and they don't grind (usually).

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

G

·
I seem to recall a product called "Trick Shift." Not sure if that is it or not.

Mobil 1 makes a really nice synthetic ATF. No, they won't make your car faster, but they will allow the transmission to shift a little more smoothly and reduce wear.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Hotshot CAI

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I have used Mobil 1 in auto trans in 2 cars before the Sentra SE. I have not had a failure in either of the two vehicles. High milage cars. I don't think you will notice any performance differences. I can tell you that my engine temperature whent down, indicating better operation. The benefits are longer life for the tranny. I might recommend that you go this route. My SE auto trans failed after a couple of hundred miles. After getting it back I changed to Mobil 1. The pan holds about 3 3/4 quarts and the capacity of the entire transmission is is 7 1/8 quarts. To get 75% syn you need to do 2 changes and to get about 90% syn you need 3 changes. The syn costs $6+tax so for 3 changes you are looking at + $70. Still well woth in my opinion for a trans which will cost $1500 at todays prices. Worth the syn in the engine too. Will pay for itself in milage increase (3-5 percent)

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts