B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since almost nobody ever posts here...i guess somebody has to. this past weekend was my first autocross race (ever/with my new sentra). a few people actually took notice of me from the start recognizing the SE w/ pp, and its potential. by the end of the day, i had surprised a lot of people with that little stock "economy car". this little car hauls. i'll post the actual times and results for the day once they are sent out so you guys can see how i did compared to the rest of the field. hopefully they'll send out both raw and indexed times along with make model and class for each car. i found out the next day that apparenly i would have recieved an award had i stuck around for the awards presentation. not too bad for a first time driver still gettin used to his car and just learning to autocross.

Every body here needs to go to the scca web site and look for "solo II" autocross events in your area. its the best bang for the buck sanctioned racing.

------------------
"If i cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

·
Registered
13 Posts
GREETINGS! I ran my first SCCA autocross 2 weekends ago. I met up with Nathan (aka Blitztech) in Tallahassee, FL, where he lives. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it. I plan on attending my second SCCA event this weekend, here in Tampa, at the FL STATE FAIRGROUNDS.

To be honest with you, I really wish more people would try it out at least once. I really think most would enjoy the comradery between Nissan drivers. I am not all that hyped about this weekend because I'll be goin at it alone, but hell, it was a blast and well worth attending again.

Here are some results:

http://www.dixiescca.com/2001results/apr2001.htm

------------------
Formerly AKAFA1C...recovering from frost bite, suffering from sunburn.

There's no place like home...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes autocrossing is very fun. I forgot to post regarding the school I attended a few weekends back! It was great fun despite the bitter cold. It was at Route 66 raceway in Joliet IL. It was an autocross school for people who had less than 1 year auto-X exp. I had only went twice last year and I love the sport. I did really well in the whole thing. There were roughly 74 students and I finished 3rd in the index. Here's a link to the results! http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2001/learn.html

I would like to check out the results Illini, so post em when you got em.

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also love autocrossing!! My first event of the season was March 25th. It was great!!! I won my class, DSP. It couldn't have been any better then that. I got my best time on the last lap of the day.

Here are the results:
WSCC results

I also wish that more get try autocrossing. In my opinion, it is a lot more fun then drag racing!!!

------------------
Later...
Raph
'92 Sentra SE

WASH ME!!!

Engine: LOTS OF MODS... Suspen: AGAIN LOTS OF MODS... Brakes: Yes, EVEN MORE MODS... As my friend said to me once, "This car rides on RAILS!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! I to agree that more people should try Solo2. I become a member last season of the SCCA South Carolina region and love it! Our first meet for the season is this weekend. I get to try out that Motul 600 brake fluid and my new Kumho's(195 50R15's). I can't wait! I also plan on doing some serious suspension and braking mods next month as well. I love this sport!

------------------
Never let 'em see you sweat!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I almost gave up finding a B15 autocrosser.I own a B15 and got on this web site to talk to other autocrossers who own a B15 Sentra. I was AMAZED how few people autocross one!How about NOBODY!! Actually, Mr. "Illini", it looks like we are the only two! Finally, I have found someone!!!!! I am running in Street Touring Street tire this year. It is a fun class w/ a lot of entrants at our local events. I live in Ohio and have run 2 events this year finishing 1st out of 13 and 2nd out of 24. You posted a couple of weeks ago, but if you get this you can email at [email protected] aol.com. This isn't to leave earlier model Sentra owners out. I owned a '93 SE-R and wish that I still had it. I autocrossed that in D Stock back in '96. I am fond of all Sentras. They are all really neat cars. See ya!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just ran my first autocross today and LOVED it. My brother's Porsche club had a free event and I went with him in his 968 Convertible. It was awesome, especially since I used his car :) I'm planning on using mine. I have a few mods with more come to especially the suspension. Can't wait until I actually run my own car!

------------------
Later, Jay
Catch me on the flipside on AIM : jingjingecr3
93 Sentra XE 4dr 5spd

·
Registered
0 Posts
My first Post

I love to autocross especially since I got My 92 SE-R.
Took me a long time to find it but the wait was worth it.
My first autocross was a championship in San Diego and I finished 3rd out of 6 with street tires. There was one guy who used to beat me when I drove my Talon with Kuhmo's and I stomp him in the SE-R and within 1 and 1/2 sec of the leader also on R's.
Since then I have posted the fasted run at a corvair practice, even the v8 corvairs couldn't keep up with the nimble SE-R.

Now I have my KYB AGX's, and found some BFG R1's which I plan to try out at the California Speedway this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will someone please define "Autocross"? Thanks in advance.

Any websites where I can find a local autocross?

·
Registered
0 Posts
JapSpec Sentra said:
Will someone please define "Autocross"? Thanks in advance.

Any websites where I can find a local autocross?
Check out these sites:
http://www.autocross.com
http://www.solo2.com
http://www.scca.org

Autocross is like a time trial. Usually held in a large parking lot of airport runway. A course is set up using traffic cones. Emphasis on driver skill and manuverability.
Runs last anywhere from 40sec to 90 sec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to say that the Motul 600 Brake fluid is the sh*t! I had no fading what so ever during my runs. I even tried to fade them and couldn't! I also have to say that the Kumho 712's are damn good tires! I do however plan on switching over to the Victoracers on my next meet. The MT 600 brake fluid is a must!!!!! As far as results, I got screwed since my car fits in the EP class but I ran in the novice class. The paxing of the novice class really hurt me! I would have placed 2nd in my class if I would have run in my class. I was just afraid to run in EP because it's a REALLY fast class! But since I'm getting those Victoracers I should be ok! And on a side note my Sentra is an automatic and I was killin' 5spd 'Stangs and Celica GT's(stock of course). I know it has do do with all the suspension work I've done. I even got a rear wheel off the ground in a hairpen turn! Gotta love it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just went to my first autocross on sunday. i didn't enter as my car isn't on the road just yet ( end of this week and about f*cking time) I'm going to be joining the local club and enter my car in the next one i hope. it's a blast and i say to anyone out there to give it a shot or atleast go out and watch one. by the way here's the local Halifax N.S. website for anyone else wanting to join
http://www.ascc.ns.ca

1 - 12 of 12 Posts