B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it had to happen. As most of you know (by now), I have an auto tranny. Today as I was parking in my garage after work, the button got stuck! I was like WTF? But it's no big deal. All I had to do was pound on the top of the knob and the button pops out. Anyone else have this problem?

I'll just add that to my list of problems when I go to the dealer next week. :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ bits and pieces of it missing...

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DE 2K:
Well, it had to happen. As most of you know (by now), I have an auto tranny. Today as I was parking in my garage after work, the button got stuck! I was like WTF? But it's no big deal. All I had to do was pound on the top of the knob and the button pops out. Anyone else have this problem?

I'll just add that to my list of problems when I go to the dealer next week. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes bro..... :( This is a bad thing. Take it to the dealer!!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you could always take it to the dealer or you could buy a nice looking aftermarket shifter knob...Levoc makes some really nice ones and you can pick them up at www.nopi.com

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have no idea what this button does so can yopu please tell me. in know it is for Overdrive off/on. i dont know when to use this option.

------------------
2k Sentra GXE, auto
-added spoiler and factory foglights

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
It locks out overdrive (4th gear).

Use it in city stop/go driving, or hilly terrain, where you feel the transmission shifting between 3rd and 4th constantly. This is known as gear hunting, as is 1) annoying and 2) causing wear.

For normal driving, leave it off (overdrive enabled). Overwise, you'll kill your gas mileage.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
23 Posts
i'll tell you exactly what the o/d button does. in normal mode o/d on, your top speed will be 110. in o/d off, your top speed will jump up to 120. this is the gxe, i'm not sure about the mad mod 2 liter se. also, when you need to pass someone, you can push the button to o/d off and jump on the gas, the o/d off button will make your rpm's higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts