B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase the dual pod replacement for the driver side a-pillar and noticed the tweeter hole, and I'm in need a replacement for the passenger side a-pillar I am NOT saying why. :eek: But I was wondering if you guys could give me the dimensions of the spec v tweeter and if the wire I saw behind the a-pillar was the wire for the hook up of the tweeters??

Thanks in advance I would appreciate any help guys.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
what do you actually need replaced? just the tweeter pod cover thing? The plastic oblong piece?

i don't recall that there are any other wires behind the apillar on the spec, so i would assume that you are correct in your thinking :)

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was thinking if I get this dual pod I would just add tweeters to my sound system. I sent a e-mail to the guy and I'm waiting on a answer from him.

I'm looking to adding the a-pillar and just use up that tweeter hole with a tweeter so just replace the passenger a-pillar with a spec pillar as well so I'll have a 6 speaker system. Just no sub in the back with a amp.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
The hole is 2" so you could just hit it with a hole saw if you don't want to buy a Spec one. Edit I built mine out to get the drivers side tweeter past me and used 2" acrylic (pvc will work).

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chillboy said:
The hole is 2" so you could just hit it with a hole saw if you don't want to buy a Spec one. Edit I built mine out to get the drivers side tweeter past me and used 2" acrylic (pvc will work).
That'll help me out a lot lol. I'm buying some vinyl to fill up some screw holes in the pillar still not telling you guys why lol. But thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The SPEC-V's have speakers in the A-pillar as well? Cool. I just want to get my tantrums out of the front pillars, them suckers scream.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Or you could just mount them like this, right dev?????

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
stfu. doesn't matter now, the se has whacko a pillars.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
stfu. doesn't matter now, the se has whacko a pillars.
LOL i figured it'd been a while since I showed that pic......

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
yea... the SE has weird trapezoidal tweeter pods. oughta be interesting since they dont stick out much... not really sure they will fit.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
Hey Eric ppl want to know about your A pillar mistery, common man spill the beans!!!!!

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
DevlynSyde said:
If you really, actually care - you need to get out more.

well maybe but he was so insistent that he wasnt goin to tell even though nobody asked i figured i would

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK OK OK I put a APC fire ext. on there...its not there anymore. :rolleyes:

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
btw, i fell out of my chair this morning reading that. thats the sort of thing i expected out of ya.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got tweeters to fit on the SE pillars, went in fine. Now who was he telling to STFU?

I am thinking about building a SMALL kickpanel for the tweets, but I don't know yet... there is enough room in the door for a 6-4-tweet with some customization. Maybe an 8 would fit, but it would require a build out.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DevlynSyde said:
btw, i fell out of my chair this morning reading that. thats the sort of thing i expected out of ya.
Hey I just told my friend to put it someone on my car. I walked out and I was like :eek:, as you can see its not there anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts