B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres what I got I know its mixed but it'll be ok. I got a 1100watt Xplod 12 and a 800watt Xplod 12 bought them different times thought the 800 was blown but it works. I want a system thats able to be pulled out for when I go to the drag...IF I go again in the Sentra.

Here's my options...sell these two explodes:)D) and get two DVC 10s which sound BAD A with a small amp. I really want DVCs but no one wants my Xplod subs. :( Should I continue to try and sell these or what?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IF I ever start back on my car. Nissan doesn't even know what the fck is wrong with the car. The guy was like dude I don't know, but run without the strut bar and see if it goes away. I only had 2 bolts in each strut due to me having a spec v FSTB. I'm trying it but I DOUBT its the problem. But thats another story. I'm looking at redoing a lot of the previous shyt I did to my car...just make it a lot nicer.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
You didn't properly install the bar, and you're complaining?

Sony Explod is crap, and SVC and DVC aren't any different so long as you can wire the SVC to the desired load. Ofcourse noone wants the Xplods, you've blown one and you are still running it.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I thought it was blown already because I had a old system and didn't know shyt and fried everything. Lesson learned its still good this and one 10 i think is all that survived.

BTW- I installed a Spec V on a GXE its possible just missing that 3rd bolt.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
The third bolt is actually there for a reason...

DVC and SVC still make no difference. And I still dont see what your question is... if its if you should try to sell Sony Xplods, then the answer is yes as long as you are selling them for next to nothing shipped.

·
Registered
631 Posts
yeah. get the Nismo strut tower bar, well made, reasonably priced, and will bolt right on.

if you dont use all 3, you actually have a MUCH better chance of shearing those 2 bolts off. trust me, i watched my friends integra shear the upper mounts off in a hard turn, because he tried to use the ITR FSTB instead of the one made for his car

as far as the subs go, sony is garbage, you prob wont be able to sell them unless someone knows absolutely NOTHING about car audio.

personally, i'd say skip the subs all together unless its going to be permanent. free-floating boxes have a tendency to slide around, tearing out wiring, vibrating, etc.

if its that important to you, bolt some L-brackets to the box, and use those to bolt the box down when your not racing.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jasper said:
yeah. get the Nismo strut tower bar, well made, reasonably priced, and will bolt right on.

if you dont use all 3, you actually have a MUCH better chance of shearing those 2 bolts off. trust me, i watched my friends integra shear the upper mounts off in a hard turn, because he tried to use the ITR FSTB instead of the one made for his car

as far as the subs go, sony is garbage, you prob wont be able to sell them unless someone knows absolutely NOTHING about car audio.

personally, i'd say skip the subs all together unless its going to be permanent. free-floating boxes have a tendency to slide around, tearing out wiring, vibrating, etc.

if its that important to you, bolt some L-brackets to the box, and use those to bolt the box down when your not racing.
I'm getting spec v struts most likely so I don't know what I'm going to do about the spec FSTB. Sell it???? Hate to see it go but hey better than ripping those two other bolts.

Yeah planned on selling them for average 45 each to a noob in audio.

Yeah I was going to put in a false floor for the amp that will also hold the box in its place for everday use and just take it out when I go to the drag.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
diwun67 said:
You're gonna be hardpressed trying to sell those subs, Sony Xplod is poop
Sure I could find a ricer or rich punk who makes a F&F car and thinks he's bad a.

·
Registered
132 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
Sure I could find a ricer or rich punk who makes a F&F car and thinks he's bad a.

I'm guessing this is the means by which YOU originally came to possess the POS subs. :D

You never cease to amaze me.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
jeopardy98 said:
I'm guessing this is the means by which YOU originally came to possess the POS subs. :D

You never cease to amaze me.
My exact thought when having read his post.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
This thread is now officially worthless.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Now? I thought it was when it went up :) You're a little late for the official call.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Better late than never. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts