B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get the CAI but I'm not too keen on cutting into the metal....

G

·
You don't have to cut for any of the CAI's. Simply bend the metal to make the hole larger. Thats what I did. You can always bend it back after your done.

YOu don't need to make the hole much larger. Perhaps just a 1/2" or so. I was worried about it too, but the metal is thin and bends easily. If I ever put the stock airbox back in, it will not be noticeable at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
if the CAI tube is small enough to pass through the hole without cutting or bending it, i wouldn't get it...

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
I just worked with Place Racing, and they now have a new template for the fender for our cars. If you wrap the edges of the hole with some sort of tape, you won't have to cut, or even bend!!! I had to trim about 1/4" of metal off 1 side of the hole, but when you put the stock airbox and resonators back, you can't see anything. Buy it. The best cheap mod you can do.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I get this CAI that doesn't require the cutting or bending?

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
It's the same CAI as before, with a couple small mods for ease of installation, and a better, more accurate cutting template. You get them right from Place Racing.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Fast Eddie said:
Where can I get this CAI that doesn't require the cutting or bending?
I was just wondering why you aren't into cutting or bending. The modification is really easy, but I can see where you're coming from. I've never done mods before cept for complete bolt on with no cutting or anything, but this was a really easy install. Place Racing's was just a bit big, but the cutting I did was fairly little compared to what I thought it would be.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ask to SpIcEz, he has done a homemade CAI, pretty neat piece of personal engineering!!!

Go to his site, you'll see some pictures, no cutting involved or what soever!
www.spicez.com

And it was cheap to make, 50$US....and no engine light pop-up!:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts