B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUOTE]Originally posted by bamer02
damn...i got pulled over twice this week....

1) my exhaust
2) i was asked to open my hood...then bam! got a ticket for my headers and intake...

[/QUOTE]

Are aftermarket intakes illegal to have installed in vancouver?

anybody actually have a website or list of restrictions in vancouver?

·
13.05 @ 111mph
194 Posts
I would definatly fight that in court, Unless your car was too loud . What did the tickets say... When I got my truck condemmed by the cops I went to the Van Library and read up on the by-laws . Turned out the ticket was way off from what was wrong with my truck, so I won.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually it wasn't me lolz
i just took that quote from another thread

I was just wondering what the laws and restrictions are in vancouver cuz i can't find anything online

·
Registered
172 Posts
well with my exhuast and 15% tint at the back and 30% at the front zoom pass by police haven't get a ticket yet.... except for speeding :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
afai said:
well with my exhuast and 15% tint at the back and 30% at the front zoom pass by police haven't get a ticket yet.... except for speeding :(
that's cool
my friend got pulled over for tinting the front man
he had to remove it

·
Registered
170 Posts
afai said:

I think thats luck man, gotta have pretty shixty luck to get ticket for front tint....

I have 35% front.....25 back.......been ok for a while now...
same with my friends......

·
Registered
81 Posts
it's just a numbers thing, depends on your car as well

if you're tinting a modified sports compact, you're probably 25% likely to get a ticket

something like say, a modified volvo, you probably never get a ticket cuz you'll almost never get pulled over

·
6THGear
384 Posts
exhausts have decibal readings..i think lower mainland decibel readings have to b under 95...i think,u can get u're decibel level checked somewhere..don't know where tho...n if u can't find ne thing on restrictions, have u tried the motor vehicle act? they have new editions out every yr..n as 4 the tint..as long as the cop can still see u thru the front window its ok..dark tints r illegal only cause the cops can't see what u're doing..put it this way, if u're a cop n u pull over some guy w/ blacked out windows, as u approach, u don't know what the driver is doing, he might try to run u over or pull agun on u..this way the cop is able to see what u're doing n he has a peace of mind while on duty

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
emission stuff I found off the motor vehicle act but it doesn't list the regulations

47 (1) A person must not sell, offer for sale, expose or display for sale or deliver to a purchaser a motor vehicle or a motor vehicle engine of a class or type required by the regulations to have installed on or incorporated in it a system or device to prevent or lessen the emission into the outdoor atmosphere of an air contaminant, unless the motor vehicle complies with the regulations.

(2) A person must not operate a motor vehicle of a class or type that, by regulations made under this Act or under the Waste Management Act, is required to have installed on or incorporated in it a system or device to prevent or lessen the emission into the outdoor atmosphere of an air contaminant, unless the motor vehicle has the system or device installed on or incorporated in it and makes effective use of the system or device.

(3) A person who contravenes this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $500.

(4) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(a) classifying motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines for the purpose of a regulation and exempting a class or type of motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine from a regulation;

(b) requiring motor vehicles or a class or type of them and motor vehicle engines or a class or type of them to have installed on or incorporated in them one or more systems or devices to prevent or lessen the emission into the outdoor atmosphere of an air contaminant;

(c) prescribing the standards and specifications of the systems or devices, and providing for their testing and inspection;

(d) prescribing the standards of emission into the outdoor atmosphere of contaminants to which the system or device must comply;

(e) providing for issuance by the director of certificates of approval for systems or devices proposed to be installed on or incorporated in motor vehicles to prevent or lessen emission into the outdoor atmosphere of air contaminant;

(f) defining and designating new motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines for the purpose of a regulation;

(g) designating the areas in British Columbia to which the regulations apply and designating the date on which the regulations become effective in an area.

Renewal of motor vehicle licence and air pollution emission
48 The licence for a motor vehicle must not be renewed unless the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia is satisfied that the motor vehicle

(a) has been certified under section 50 within 12 months before the application for the licence renewal, or

(b) is exempt from the requirement to be certified under section 50.

Regulation of motor vehicle air pollution emission
49 (1) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(a) prescribing the method and procedure used to test motor vehicles for compliance with the levels established under section 50 (2) (c);

(b) respecting documents that must accompany a motor vehicle at the time of a test for motor vehicle compliance;

(c) respecting the granting of a conditional pass of the test for motor vehicle compliance and prescribing amounts spent on repairs to qualify for a conditional pass;

(d) respecting parts and devices that may be used to repair a motor vehicle for the purposes of a test for motor vehicle compliance;

(e) respecting motor vehicle engine exchange.

(2) Regulations under subsection (1) may provide differently for different

(a) air contaminants,

(b) areas of British Columbia, and

(c) classes of motor vehicle as defined by type, model, size, model year, use or similar factor.

Motor vehicle compliance with exhaust emission standards
50 (1) The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia may, except in those areas where it is the responsibility of the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority under subsection (1.2) to do so, establish a program for the certification of motor vehicle compliance with the levels established under subsection (2) (c).

(1.1) In this section:

"Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority" means the authority established under the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority Act;

"transportation service region" has the same meaning as in the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority Act.

(1.2) The Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority is to establish, administer and operate, or cause to be operated, in the transportation service region a program for the certification of motor vehicle compliance with the levels established under subsection (2) (c) and may enter into and perform an agreement with the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia under which the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority may do one or more of establish, administer and operate, or cause to be operated, a program under this subsection in any other area of British Columbia specified by regulation of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.

(2) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations as follows:

(a) exempting classes of motor vehicles and areas of British Columbia from the program described in subsection (1);

(b) specifying air contaminants;

(c) establishing exhaust emission standards and specifying the maximum levels of air contaminants that motor vehicles may emit into the outside atmosphere;

(d) prescribing circumstances in which the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia or the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority may certify a motor vehicle under this section even though the motor vehicle does not fully comply with regulations under paragraph (a), (b) or (c) or under section 49.

(3) The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia or the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority may, in respect of a motor vehicle that fails the prescribed test for motor vehicle compliance, certify the vehicle.

(4) The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia may issue a licence for a term of 3 months to a motor vehicle certified under subsection (3), but a licence may be issued under this subsection only once in the 12 month period following the certification of that motor vehicle.

(5) For the purpose of this section and the regulations, the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia or the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority may authorize persons to certify vehicles.

(6) The Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority may assess and collect fees that are no greater than those fees that that authority estimates are necessary to generate an annual revenue that is sufficient to satisfy the full annual costs of the programs described in subsection (1.2).

Substitution of new licence if number plate or badge lost

·
Registered
172 Posts
nice find Spec-J
now can u search for the regulation for tint? since we always heard that no front tint allowed but never see it on paper~
:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
(8) No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle which has affixed to or placed on the windshield or a window any material that reduces the light transmitted through the windshield or window unless the material is affixed to or placed on

(a) the windshield but not more than 75 mm below the top of the windshield,

(b) a side window that is behind the driver, or

(c) the rear window if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside rear view mirrors on the left and right side of the motor vehicle.

(9) If a motor vehicle contains manufactured glass, tinting contained within the glass must meet the minimum light transmittancy requirements under the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.

·
6THGear
384 Posts
thats right, front tints r illegal...but u can also get a fine for having too black of a tint in the rear glass...thats y when u buy tinting film at stores they only come as dark as smoked..but aftermarket shops still offer the darkest tint possible, only cause they know that people want it..altho if u're not breaking ne driving laws, cops usually won't pull u over..they only pull u over at roadblocks, or when u r driving recklessly enough 4 them to pull u over

·
Registered
172 Posts
since spec-J and littledog is so good at finding legal information?
can you guys find something about parking on private pay parking lot)
and that say need clear sign and indication of payment and spaces (which require to pay?)

i recently receive a parking violation ticket for parking in the basement parkinglot at UBC villiage...
I did paid for the parking...
I bought the all day ticket
but they said i parked on 2hr max space...
u know what i look around they are all 2hr max spaces.
what's funny is when i went to pick up my car and i saw the ticket on my windshield and look around ALL THE CAR IN THE PARKING LOT RECEIVED A TICKET!
well i appealed it... but they decline it...
but i am still gonna fight it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
afai said:
since spec-J and littledog is so good at finding legal information?
can you guys find something about parking on private pay parking lot)
and that say need clear sign and indication of payment and spaces (which require to pay?)

i recently receive a parking violation ticket for parking in the basement parkinglot at UBC villiage...
I did paid for the parking...
I bought the all day ticket
but they said i parked on 2hr max space...
u know what i look around they are all 2hr max spaces.
what's funny is when i went to pick up my car and i saw the ticket on my windshield and look around ALL THE CAR IN THE PARKING LOT RECEIVED A TICKET!
well i appealed it... but they decline it...
but i am still gonna fight it!
Yo man i think this has nothing to do with the motor vehicle act

you will have to find out what company it is and so on and probably look stuff up in the library

1 - 20 of 23 Posts