B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got it yesterday, put it on today, and here are my impressions.
Install wasn't terribly difficult, a lift helps a LOT, all in all took about 30-45 mins.

Started her up, revved it quite a few times...VERY quiet, almost exactly like stock...then i noticed the silencer was still in, so i was curious and decided to take it out...after about close to 15 mins of sweating, straining, and struggling with the stupid thing, it finally came out...it was a pain in the *** really...why you ask? they had put masking tape on the silencer, which was a ***** to take out

So anyways, impressions after the silencer is out...still extremely quiet, but with a nice little buzz to it, like every exhaust should have. I personally like it, but we'll see after the break-in and the header.

Also, whether mine was messed up like that from the factory, or if everyone else's silencer is stubborn to come out, keep in mind that lined masking tape on the inside as a mental note.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nahh

it's real nice and low, but it's only at idle...i've yet to hear it as just cruising or getting on it (my intake is hella louder than the exhaust). Hopefully it'll break in tonight after some midnight cruising on the strip ;)

Oh yeah, that burning smell is really getting to me...anyone know how long its supposed to last?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, i'll try to get some up as soon as i can, just my timing is real messed up and this is the only day i've had off to actually get some work done, after it breaks in i'll try to post a clip w/ and w/o the silencer in place

·
Registered
60 Posts
what is the point of having an exhaust that sounds almost exactly stock? I enjoy the sound of a nice deep exhaust.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
japin said:
what is the point of having an exhaust that sounds almost exactly stock?
Ummm, maybe to open up the exhaust flow, and not have a loud exhaust tone! ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure once the header gets put on, it'll be possibly 25-30% louder...and that vs. many different specs i've heard with a header put on with aftermarket exhaust, they sound like absolute sh*t.

Again, it's fairly new and i haven't seen a handful of people with this exhaust yet...so someone's gotta rep for it, why not me? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts