B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is lowered about 2" w/ the Tein SS setup. I installed the Apex-i ws2 exhaust last week, and this mother is hitting the rear beam. Is it just me? I doubt I installed anything wrong. I just figured a company like apex would have seen this issue considering greddy went through it. Kinda pissed me off. :mad:
Any suggestions on how to stop this? I gonna go check out a muffler shop and see what they can do. I would hate to cut up the pipes...

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Yeah mine hits occasionally.. I have the Tein Basics and about the same drop.. its not that bad tho only hear a clunk once or twice a day. I just havnt gotten around to getting in there to see what can be done.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
What kind of header do you have? If you have a previous gen of HS or OBX (HS copy), it pushes the exhaust back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hm, maybe that's what it is. I was looking at the setup under the car, and it does need to push forward a little. So the newer hotshot's might fix the prob?

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
As would having an exhaust shop slice off a small section of your exhaust piping...

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
tbuh said:
As would having an exhaust shop slice off a small section of your exhaust piping...
Yeah but with the piping being powdercoated I'm not sure I wanna go and have it hacked up just yet... I'd almost rather raise the suspension a bit before doing that.. I dunno one of these days I'll get under there and figure somethin out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went to a local shop, and the only thing they could do was cut an inch or so off, so that's what i did...and no more knocking. As kaaos said, the header was pushing it back.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
:( you should have seen if they could have cut it @ the midpipe instead since it is powder coated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts