B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats The Difference, And If I Were To Get One Installed Would It Void My Warranty? Any Input Would Be Helpful

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Well considering you don't have freakin' VTEC, you don't need a VAFC. Or wait, let me rephrase it in capital letters so you can understand better. YOUR MOTOR DOESN'T HAVE VTEC, SO YOU DON'T NEED A VAFC. GET AN SAFC, AND NO, AS LONG AS NO DIRECT PROBLEM HAPPENS BECAUSE OF THE SAFC, THEN IT SHOULDN'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

That better?

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I Didnt Know The Difference, And I Didnt Mean I Was Going To Get A Vafc Cuz I Knew They Didnt Make One I Just Wanted To Know What The Difference Was/, And If I Got An An Safc If It Would Affect The Warranty I Guess I Stated The Wrong Question

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
SUN_SPEC-V_04' said:
Whats The Difference, And If I Were To Get One Installed Would It Void My Warranty? Any Input Would Be Helpful
If you are concerned about your warranty don't get one. As soon as a dealer see that you have an AFCm they are going to assume you were playing with your A/F ratio and blame any and all problems they find on that. It's not "legal" for them to do so without proof, but good luck trying to tell them that!

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
no, im serious. every since i got my rsx type s shift knob, it kicks in much harder. my gf told me it gives me two hp to the wheels also.

seriously though..
the safc lets you play with the fuel to optimize the a/f ratio.
the vafc does the same thing but also changes the engagement point of vtec engines.
would it void the warranty? very likely, unless you miraculously find a good dealership.
good hp gains are seen from it. try to keep it one of the last performance mods. you dont want to waste money by tuning it constantly.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
You guys were a little too hard on this guy. Questions like his are the reason this board exists. Give him a break.

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts