B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is apex 50 state street legal?? i wouldnt mind having the dunk muffler...... what would i have to do to get a muffler like that to bolt on the the stromung mid-pipe.... or should i just get some custom piping done???? i really want my setup up to be a bolt on.... so I can swich from time to time to stock

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hit up powerhousemotorsports.com in esco, i cant think of anyone else in San Diego that can do a mandrel bend. They should be able to make the whole thing bolt-on/off. Id go with that or the Stromung mid pipe and custom rear section with an apexi dunk or n1.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i'll do that..... i guess i'll be ordering the stromung mid-pipe tomorrow..... and i'll call group 5 to get a price on the dunk......

you think cops will be atrracted to my tip?? is it street legal?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
hell ya you'll attract attention esp with that dunk muffler. I dont know about being street legal? are you talkn sound level? from what others have said about the Stromung mid pipe being mild in sound level, u shouldnt have a prob. good luck

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really sound level.... but looks.... most cops out here already know when they see a greddy that it is street legal......

but you think i'll be getting alot of heat with a dunk?

just trying to keep the cops away

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Let me tell you. I had an N1 on my civic and that thing was loud. Even with the scilencer it was above the legal limit. It was a huge tip and yes it did scream pull me over. In fact it worked b.c I got pulled over once b.c of it lol. It will make you deaf after a while. When I got my Stromung I could hardly hear it b.c I was used to the N1. Anyways, its a good system, just loud and attracts negative attention.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmmm..... i feel so indecisive about this hole subject.... i guess i should order the stromung mid pipe soon though...... not sure what muffler im going to run though....hmmmmmm

i wish greddy would come out with a system for us already

·
Registered
623 Posts
the dunk is crap!!! if ur gonna do that, get a hayame muffler much quieter and performs way better. u'll loose power with the silencer in place with the n1.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I can second the loss of power with the scilencer. It really did and I could really tell. I wouldn't have put it in but my mom started complaining about the noise lol.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just get a 5zigen universal muffler and get the install custom done. I was quoted $260 for mandrel bent piping with install. I just had to supply the muffler

1 - 15 of 15 Posts