B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, recently after the installation of my sportlines I've found that I am constantly in the hunt for more curvy roads. Last night I went out to two of my favorite spots one which is full of hills as well as MANY sharp turns...its really nice to just go out drive and think sometimes...especially in a Sentra. On the way back with the same road, I took it just a bit too quick around the corner but nothing my suspension couldn't handle. I came around a 25mph rated curve @40-45 which was sharper than I though but there was NO body sway....a little yelp from the kumho's in the back tho...boy they stick good!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hell yeah!

I dont have the the springs, but I do drive around just for the hell of it.

I just love driving around, at night, me and the road, high speeds and my mind racing as well.

Just gives me some time alone to think a little. Personnaly I find speed clears the mind.

Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yep! Just for fun, I go out and try to drive and spot some nice twistiy roads around my place and enjoy all my rides so far!!!

I like to take the freeway exit real fast and left behind Civic rice boys.... Like that!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeap

yeap I like driving around, but now I do it differently, whenver I feel like driving around, I just wait till Wednesday and take my car to the track and do like 5 to 10 quarter mile runs, it is soo much fun and I am glad the track is like 10min away from my house.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey iLLt3cK, how much of a change do the Sportlines do compared to stock? Obviously its improved but how does it ride or take bumps. I'm curious because I'm strongly considering modifying my SE instead of getting the SE-R Spec V. I miss my SiR and I was wondering how close I can get the SE to it. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there actually is only one drawback for having the sportlines...you DEFINITELY have to watch out for bumps and potholes...I have only bottomed out twice while I have had them...the first time was because I go down this road every single day and kind forgot that I had a lower sitting car with softer springs so I hit this little rut in the road and bonk! Other than that the handling far outweighs the one draw-back...I think that the best feeling is NO BODY ROLL, I've gone around some very sharp corners pushing my tires to the limits....a little chirp here and there kinda makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmmm, this might not be good for our Montreal roads. Even now the stock SE takes a beating. Maybe the Pro Kits would be better for me no? Do you think its better to change the shocks if you get the Sportlines?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm...yea

austin roads out in the boon docks aren't that great either but oh well...aftermarket shocks would be GREAT....that is if they were available for our cars.....

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Crimson- if u have the performance package, you should be ok with the factory shocks. I changed my springs out for Intrax, after I read a few things about the Eibachs being harsh. I bottom once in a while on unexpected bumps, but it is worth it. I drive constantly hunting for corners to embarrass whoever's trying to keep up behind me. OMG- try to make it as good as an SiR? I spank them regularly, and I have only a CAI so far!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes sir, I do have the PP. Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

You know, I've bottomed out once or twice with the PP suspension. Its not often but I find its the same kind of bump. Hard to describe.
I just don't want to blow anything off my car...especially some component that the dealership can blame my mod on.
One guy here at work who's got a mod VW Corrado says I'll blow my shocks in a year if I lower it. Maybe he doesn't know how stick the Stage II shocks are....I don't know.
I guess I'll also take a look at InTrax too. It all depends on price as usual plus if I decide to keep my SE instead of getting the SE-R Spec V (hard choice).

As for the driving part of this thread. I've put on about 400 km in one night of driving (my record). I find myself pushing the car in corners easily a few times a day. I hate the Firehawk's behavior....the bend of the sidewalls. Well at least that's what it feels like.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heh, i drive around all the time, i like nighttime too. I used to drive when i'd be really pissed at my roomate and i'd get my car as fast as I could.

As for the springs, i read that article on the sentra.net site and read about the bottoming out and i've decided to wait till i can afford shocks as well before getting them, that way i'll just knock everything out at one time. I think it also recommended changing the bump stops if im not mistaken, but that was on a b14. Not sure if it applies to b15.

Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
dont buy springs without aftermarket struts. you WILL damage your stock struts within a few months. Then you will be forced to buy another pair, or bounce wildly on every bump.

The stage 2 struts arent good. there are few companies that actually put 'sporty' struts on stock cars.

Also, there are not any companies making linear rate springs for our cars yet. those will give the best performance.

I'll check to see if Koni is going to make some of their yellow struts for the SE.......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Oh hell yeah!!!

All the time.....:)

·
Registered
623 Posts
i used to go drive when im pissed, but now i cant drive fast anymore b/c the kit. so when i pissed, i just go outside and stare at my kit get pissed at myself :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
There's nothing like a midnight run....

One of my co-workers and I used to take our cars out to the really twisty roads out in backwoods Shelby County. We'd wait until about 2am, and take two way radios so we could communicate between cars. It kicks ***!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Still in the blood...

Driving for the sake of the sheer experience is Zen to me.
It brings everything into balance - working your machine in sychronousity with the mind and as extension of your free will.

Since I moved to where I'm at now it has become more difficult to find local open road to burn the carbon deposits off since the ratio of patrolled roads is so much higher here... There is City AND Provincial (from Canada) to contend with and they compete for space in this relatively smaller community...
Further South from where I originally hail to see one blue&white in one evening was coincidence... I could drive flat out at 130(mph)for 20-30 minutes straight and never once lift off the go-pedal...
I miss those times. I also miss the fellas I ran with - they all headed further South while I struck out North.
I'm now relegated to this terminal to impart my experiences and advice - and the stories here fill that void of what I don't see in person.

The panderings of a reminiscing fool.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm...well last time i checkd the Eibach sportlines...ARE LINEAR SPRING RATE!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Driving just to drive is one of the best experiences. My old car was a 4000 lb beast of a car so the Sentra is just amazing in comparison. I've had the car a month now, and I'm still giddy every time I drive it. I can't imagine how much more fun it will be when I put springs and tires on it.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
pacemat..

You got it "Keep The Blue Side Up" in other words- clean side up-dirty side down.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts