B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone knows what kind of blub do the b15s use inside the Dash board? I mean the little bulbs inside as the back light of the gauges?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already did that but i still have no idea...

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I opened the thing before too. Tried to replace them with those Sylvania amber bulbs. Needless to say, it turned out ugly as f***.

The bulbs that are lighting the guages are the ones with the brown casing. Just twist one of those out and run to Pep Boys (or your local auto store). I THINK the bulb is 194... but I'm not sure. It's been a while.

*edit* I just remembered I still have those lights in my dad's toolbox. When I get home from work, I'll look at the bulb# if you want.

[Edited by SR20DE 2K on 05-24-2001 at 10:38 AM]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx a lot. Ack i thought the bulbs lighting the gauges were the black casting....(there were total 6 black casting and a lot in brown casting..)

do you think there will be a difference between the gxe and the SE? since they got different gauge....

oh and is that the bulb with the casting or i have to pull the bulb out from the casting?

[Edited by Sentra_n00b on 05-24-2001 at 02:35 PM]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
You know what, you might be right. Six lights sounds about right for the gauge lighting. Maybe it's the black ones. Sorry, it's been a while since I've seen the back of the gauge cluster.

The lights should be the same with the SE and GXE.

For the bulbs, you have to twist the casting out first, THEN pull the bulbs out of the casting.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i didn't pull the bulb out...no wonder i couldn't find the similar kind of bulb hehe....hmm so the bulb is 194?

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Sentra_noob...

I was WAY off. The bulb number that I used for the gauge lights was 24NA. Just thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe No wonder when i saw the 194 in the pep boys today, it was kinda too big :D

thanks for you information....

and where i can i get them? do thay have em in pep boys?

[Edited by Sentra_n00b on 05-25-2001 at 12:39 AM]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Yah. The 194's are for sidemarkers. Sorry bout that. :p

And yup, you can get the 24NA's at Pep Boys. The bulb itself is actually a little bigger than the stock lights, but the base of the bulb fits into the casting socket and the lights go in without a problem.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehe they turned out pretty strange on my gxe gauges too hehe....(maybe keep time awhile and see...just too lazy to change the bulbs back at this moment..)

do you know if there are any other color? :p

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Any one do this yet to a b15 with the white guages?
Does it change the effect,,like if you switch to maybe blue or something???

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am wondering if there is a blue blub too...i found a yellow one only

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
Any one do this yet to a b15 with the white guages?
Does it change the effect,,like if you switch to maybe blue or something???
I put the 24NA (amber) bulbs in my SE gauges. Trust me, they looked booty as hell because the color just wasn't orange enough. They looked "dirty orange". Took em off the very next week. It would look nicer if the color was more pronounced though. I think if you use those colored light bulb "condoms", then the gauges would look SWEET!

Sentra_noob. If there's a blue bulb, you're sure not going to find it at Pep Boys. Try going to a local accessory shop (or rice store :D). They should have the bulbs there... either that or the "bulb condoms".

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok hmm...won't find them in Pep boys....prolly find them in Rice boys.....got it. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts