B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Army Of Me.
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the aircraft, but the bikes?? For a long long time i've only been into rockets...specifically Ducati's and MV Augusta's...(the Italians) but also ZX-9R's and Gixxer's too...But over the last month or two, i've really really been obsessed with choppers...Maybe i'm just on the bandwagon or what not..but i've been watching shows like "The Great Biker Build-Off" and of course Monster Garage...stuff like that plus, with the wave of bikes here in town recently (Milwaukee) for Harley's 100th there were quite a few choppers here also....Anyone else dig these? Just seems cool to me to have a one-off of something...To have a bike that nobody else has and that still looks really cool...and performs too...(at least in a straight line!) What do you guys think??

·
Registered
773 Posts
orange county choppers for life! j/k
cool show though.
I think its sad everyone and their mom wears the west coast choppers apparel. like theyve even seen a a chopper in real life. Posers. Oh yeah, ive never ridden one either hehe.

·
Army Of Me.
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't get me wrong i like all bikes really, including sportbikes...But they're all the same...They all perform right around the same level, and many of them look the same..Plus none are really unique...I guess you can customize one of those too but what can you do besides paint it or get new..."stickers"

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
I was just kiddin'

HeatSeeker said:
Don't get me wrong i like all bikes really, including sportbikes...But they're all the same...They all perform right around the same level, and many of them look the same..Plus none are really unique...I guess you can customize one of those too but what can you do besides paint it or get new..."stickers"
It's all a personal preferance. :)

·
Artifical Intelligence
141 Posts
Choppers = Class and Style
Street Bikes = Everyday occurence that get in my way when i'm driving my car. Just because you "can" go fast, doesnt mean you need to...average life expentancy in MN for anyone who is under 18 and gets a rocket is 30 days...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
sportbikes get a bad rep from a lot of riders because of some of the idiots who ride them. the bikes are amazing and the riders are lacking...

one reason i've never jumped onto the chopper craze of late is b/c at this point, i would just become a poser or at least look like one. television is turning a relatively lowkey rich mans hobby into the new ricervision. people unfortuneately seem to jump on a bandwagon way to fast. and they will eventually play it out, which isn't possible b/c guys have been doing this since forever :D.

basically, i'm just waiting to see where this socalled new found hobby (which is what tv portrays it as) will last....

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
NeVaX said:
Choppers = Class and Style
Street Bikes = Everyday occurence that get in my way when i'm driving my car. Just because you "can" go fast, doesnt mean you need to...average life expentancy in MN for anyone who is under 18 and gets a rocket is 30 days...
oh yeah, ive rode sportbikes since i was 18 and i'm still here at 22 ;)

·
Army Of Me.
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may be one of those "wagon jumpers" but hey, you gotta start somewhere right? i've really never been exposed to choppers until recently so i would assume the whole chopper community is benefitting by new interest and profit from new customers...Also, i wouldnt really call it the new ricers....How many ricers do you know can afford 25K+ for a used bike and even more for a new one?? Its like calling all the people who bought C5 corvette's ricers....Just because something gets popular quick doesent mean its a bad thing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts