B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I had planned on getting a Nissan frontier. I called the fleet manager and got a good price. i went down for financing and at the last minute i decided on a Sentra Gxe.

Now I regret it. I am worried I did the wrong thing. the next day i said WHY WHY WHY didnt i just get the truck like I planned??! I feel like such a fool. What made me re-think the truck was the somewhat bumpy ride; and the sentra gets better gas mileage.
The insurance is $300 less a year on Sentra.

But I think the truck has better value and is better for work. What should I do? I try to think positive but i just feel stupid. Anyone want to buy a brand new used Sentra!!? Thanks for replies.

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
They're two totally different vehicles - why did you do that? Only YOU know why.

Come on now....there has to be something you aren't telling us.

If you really NEEDED a truck you would have researched TRUCKS from different manufacturers and bought a TRUCK regardless of gas mileage concerns, price, insurance, etc...

So what is it you're hiding deep in that head of yours? What was your REAL REASON for not getting the Frontier?

--*Rob

G

·
Wow...this is a strange story. I don't imagine many people switch from a truck to the Sentra.

Well, do you use the truck for work? Will the utility of the truck make up for the increased insurance rates, lower fuel economy and lack of performance?

YOur in a somewhat odd position because you really can't get out of your car. There is no easy way to switch that makes sense financially. Unless you feel like losing several grand, you may be stuck with the Sentra.

I guess the moral of the story is to not make rushed decisions on expensive purchaces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i use my vehicle for work but youre right- i dont NEED a truck. but i wanted one.
i was just considering that sometimes i take long trips and thought of the bumpy ride. Youre 100% right, i shouldnt have been unsure. thats what makes me feel so stupid!

I doubt they would rescind this deal. once you drive off, thats it. it is a used car. have you heard of anyone towing a light trailor like a jetski with a sentra???

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
MartyC said:
well, i use my vehicle for work but youre right- i dont NEED a truck. but i wanted one.
i was just considering that sometimes i take long trips and thought of the bumpy ride. Youre 100% right, i shouldnt have been unsure. thats what makes me feel so stupid!

I doubt they would rescind this deal. once you drive off, thats it. it is a used car. have you heard of anyone towing a light trailor like a jetski with a sentra???
let me tell you something,,it'll tow a jet-ski....I own a jet-ski personally...and I've seen the lowest base model Saturn towing a trailer with 2 jet-ski's on it without a problem...so I'm sure your Sentra would..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. but let me ask you, do you tow your jet skis with your sentra? or do you have a truck also???

·
Registered
92 Posts
every once in a while I think that about my focus and ask why did I not buy a sentra.
but then I think of the good stuff about a focus and how now when I finally have the money for an SE-R that it will not only be a faster car with a 6speed but a different car too :D

oh and in europe everyone uses cars to pull trailers, I have even seen foci pulling small trailers

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Thats a dilly of a pickle! I love my car, but regret who I bought it from. Stadium Nissan in Calgary, Alberta can eat me. They would'nt know customer service if it came up and bent them over.:mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I regret that I bought a GXE in stead of a SE due to the lack of mods available for the gxe. That doesn't really matter no though. I just sold my 5 month old sentra to my best friend who's wife is about to have a baby. Sorry guys but I went back to dark side (Honda) and got a 99 civic Si.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should have bought a Saturn - they have that 30 day gaurantee!!

Seriously, it sounds like money might be tight for you - enjoy the Sentra for the next two years and then decide what you really want/need. Two years is really not that long a time, and think of the money you will have saved with the economical Sentra.
You'll be able to afford that bad-*** supercharged Frontier 4x4!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts