B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright now I'm sick of it. I'm a very patient person but one can only take so much. On Monday morning I will be taking the spec back to the dealership for the seventh time to get something repaired. I have been in there over a dozen times now and will have been serviced now seven times...and I think I am missing one or two things. This will also be the second time for the same problem, which i think is the crank sensor again since my tach isn't working, again. And my repairs aren't minor things....I have invoices for the replacement of my Engine and Transmission. I wish I could get out of this car. Losing the money by selling it may actually be worth it in the long run with this pos.

I own what I consider to be a new car and it has been in the shop 3Xs as much as my girlfriend's '92 Ford Probe. Anyone else just wish they could get out of this money pit of a car?

End of rant, thanks for listening :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
If I could get my 5 grand deposit and walk away I would.

I dont care that I've paid so much in monthly payments.

I would learn from my mistakes and go buy a better car.

I think Nissan have lost me as a repeat buyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
go ahead buy a honda, your suspension will need to be replaced 4 times in the first year like my friends civic and your car will rust through by year 5. not to mention they are all slow except the prelude SR-V's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
my total days in shop so far are around 40 somethin days. im still waitin on parts for a fourth attempt to keep my car from stallin out on me. ive had seats replaced for frayin twice, on my second engine, have a problem with fuses on both fuse boxes shortin, paints chippin, transmission is ****ed(cant get it in 3rd and reverse), speakers are always blowin, ac isnt blowin cold anymore, and now my back passenger window is takin 2 minutes to roll up.

SO I WOULD LOVE TO GET OUT OF MY CAR. and if i did im never buyin another new car again. im tired of payin 400 a month for a car thats been broken more in the last year than my last car with 150,000 miles(95 jetta).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
I guess if I had all the same problems you are having, I would have spoken to the general manager in the shop about putting me in a new car. Have you tried this approach?? If you decide to do so, don't become an enraged *******, as they will only dick you around. Be tactful, and you may get a new vehicle without having to go through all the lemon law BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
FLSPEC-VRACER18 said:
my total days in shop so far are around 40 somethin days. im still waitin on parts for a fourth attempt to keep my car from stallin out on me. ive had seats replaced for frayin twice, on my second engine, have a problem with fuses on both fuse boxes shortin, paints chippin, transmission is ****ed(cant get it in 3rd and reverse), speakers are always blowin, ac isnt blowin cold anymore, and now my back passenger window is takin 2 minutes to roll up.

SO I WOULD LOVE TO GET OUT OF MY CAR. and if i did im never buyin another new car again. im tired of payin 400 a month for a car thats been broken more in the last year than my last car with 150,000 miles(95 jetta).
don't buy a Jetta they are mechanical crap. My cousin has a 99 1/2 that he wants out of because its a money pit and burns a litre of oil a week. he drives like an old lady and had only 60,000miles on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BLAZETIGER said:
Go get yourself a used 2000/2001 SE with PP. I'm sure you'll be quite pleased with it.
I would LOVE to....i want to pick up 00SentraSE'ers car that is for sale in the classifields right now. Its just that the f'n car is only worth a little over $11,000 right now....oh yeah the depreciation value is another thing this car has going for it :)

I am going to talk to the GM on Monday...this car has nothing but problems and is an inconvienice to continuously have to be in the shop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
olsaltybastard said:
I guess if I had all the same problems you are having, I would have spoken to the general manager in the shop about putting me in a new car. Have you tried this approach?? If you decide to do so, don't become an enraged *******, as they will only dick you around. Be tactful, and you may get a new vehicle without having to go through all the lemon law BS.
true. i know from a friend that the lemon law is a huge hassle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the only problem is that I have mods on my car.....and this scares me that everyone is just going to say "sorry bud" and be done with me. The engine and tranny were crap and thats why they were replaced, the audio system is junk and blew, apparently the crank sensor doesn't like me sense it has failed twice now, the recalls are appreciated but still suck, and the alternator bracket broke with ease. I would also be content with my downpayment...and i would just walk out with that and never return.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
i should have stuck with my 95 jetta and bought a neuspeed turboed engine swap for it. 200whp for about 3,700 shipped to me. a 5000 dollar loan would have been better than a 20,000 loan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
specracer2 said:
go ahead buy a honda, your suspension will need to be replaced 4 times in the first year like my friends civic and your car will rust through by year 5. not to mention they are all slow except the prelude SR-V's.
Put down the crackpipe please. All Honda's are slow...err yeah. And you'll have to familiarize me with the Prelude SR-V because I've never heard of it. Please get a grip.

The Spec V in 02-03 had lots of issues (not around to see any carnage for the 04's). That much is obvious. Hopefully Nissan picks up and learns from its mistakes and becomes better from it. Nissan has always been love/hate with me. I loved my car, but hated it at the same time. I'm sure many can relate. Anyway, back on subject - yes I wanted out...and got out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
i love my car when its workin. but its also not so much it breakin alot......but its the bs u gotta hear from the service manager sayin that the cars breakin cause ur abusin it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kilmanjaro - Damn man I remember you were one of the first people to get a spec, along with myself. You were on here a lot and then poof. So how did you get out? What are your driving now? Just curious :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,819 Posts
i was there at the start with you guys too. i remember bobbys site. it was one of the first..

is there ANY way i can manage this?

i owe $12,100 balance on car.

supposed retail value is about $12,300...

theres no possible way i can come out with 5k cash and no car, is there?
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top