B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
i saw my co-worker put it in his old mitsubishi thru the brake booster vacuum hose and his car ran like **** for a little while then he said it ran like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'd be very interested to see what this would do for my 15 year old motor....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put some in my 83 perlude it help a little but then again the cab was trashed

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
I dunno...I'd be a bit afraid pouring unknown crap into my SR20DE , which has never given me any trouble .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't put additives in your car unless the engine is in poor shape. My understanding is that they can be harmful to newer engines or engines that are running fine. It's just not a good idea. Some of these 'performance additives' can be harmful to your injectors and other vital engine components.

If you are experiencing engine problems, fix it the right way. Rmember, anything that claims to to 'regain' or 'produce' or 'restore' horsepower and/or performance, does just the opposite. If they worked, these would be the best selling performance mod in the world.

I would stay away. IMHO.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the wife's zx2 is more sluggish than it used to be and I was considering this stufff or something similar.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dspec said:
Don't put additives in your car unless the engine is in poor shape. My understanding is that they can be harmful to newer engines or engines that are running fine. It's just not a good idea. Some of these 'performance additives' can be harmful to your injectors and other vital engine components.

If you are experiencing engine problems, fix it the right way. Rmember, anything that claims to to 'regain' or 'produce' or 'restore' horsepower and/or performance, does just the opposite. If they worked, these would be the best selling performance mod in the world.

I would stay away. IMHO.
Its not a 'performance additive'. Its a cleaning agent for engine internals.

·
I-L-L......I-N-I
1,999 Posts
yea a few of my friends have used it in their cars and it smokes like a mofo for awhile but they say they don't really feel much of a difference A little more responsive but nothing big. Your supposed to pour like half the can in the vacuum lines and the rest in the tank. let it sit for 5 mins then start it up. runs like **** so you gotta give it some gas and the smoking starts cause its burning off the seafoam stuff and other carbon deposits or so they say.I have a video of three of my friends cars seafoaming at the same time and there is smoke everywhere. I'd post it but i don't know how.

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sentracruiser02 said:
yea a few of my friends have used it in their cars and it smokes like a mofo for awhile but they say they don't really feel much of a difference A little more responsive but nothing big. Your supposed to pour like half the can in the vacuum lines and the rest in the tank. let it sit for 5 mins then start it up. runs like **** so you gotta give it some gas and the smoking starts cause its burning off the seafoam stuff and other carbon deposits or so they say.I have a video of three of my friends cars seafoaming at the same time and there is smoke everywhere. I'd post it but i don't know how.
My wifes car is VERY sluggish as compared to just a year ago, so I think I am going to try this. Try to get those vids up. I would like to see the process so I dont freak out or anything.

Late

1 - 15 of 15 Posts