B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Sentra SE w/PP has a slight pull to the right. I had the alignment checked by Nissan and they didn't say much about it. My tires' air pressures are set correctly so I ruled that out. If Nissan really did correct my alignment, that leaves the tires. I plan on crossing the front tires to see if that makes the car pull the other way. I'm not a big fan of Firestones. All tires pull slightly but these pull pretty good. I just hope I can get the tires that pull, on the opposite side of the car from each other. Does anyone else suspect their tires of pulling?

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP
1998 SE-R

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mine is to the left... but that could be since i dropped it

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

G

·
I know someone on the board actually had a tire replaced because of this very problem. You might do a search for "tires" or something like that to see if you can find the topic.

I have tried to think of something positive to say about the stock Firestone's, but I can't. They are simply the most horrible tires I have ever used. What astounds me is just how poor their grip is. I wonder if they are even safe.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yah thats true.... dont really get a good clean chirp from these wheels.... and they burn quick

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rschauby:
My 2001 Sentra SE w/PP has a slight pull to the right. I had the alignment checked by Nissan and they didn't say much about it. My tires' air pressures are set correctly so I ruled that out. If Nissan really did correct my alignment, that leaves the tires. I plan on crossing the front tires to see if that makes the car pull the other way. I'm not a big fan of Firestones. All tires pull slightly but these pull pretty good. I just hope I can get the tires that pull, on the opposite side of the car from each other. Does anyone else suspect their tires of pulling?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NEVER cross tires,,,,most tires are directional if you look at the tire you'll see a set of arrows the usually point to the spin direction,,and if you just cross them you'll cause severe damage to the tires...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
most performance tires are... not the stocks though

------------------

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey SDsr20de858

Could you post or email me a pic of your car? i want to know how it looks with ur HP coilovers. Thanks

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i have to take a pic first..... i need film for my joy cam!!!!

or i'll see if i can get my homies digital camera... i get it up as soon as possible

------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had my tire replaced TWICE. The car would pull to the right It's a defected tire. They swap left and right tire after checking the alignment.
But it was a Dunlop tire. I have GXE.
Local Sears (only authorized Dunlop dealear) wouldn't give me a new tire so local Nissan Dealer had to get one from Dunlop.
I don't know if Firestone would do that.

------------------
2000 Sentra GXE
5spd, Convenience Package,Gas Cap Holder

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Sentra would pull a little to the left. I have Toyo tires. The funny thing is after I dropped it, it will sometimes pull left and then other times it would be just fine. strange

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Slowcars4life
126 Posts
Are you sure its just not the road? I used to think my car pulled to the right until I drove on an actual flat road.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe these will help provide some insight on top of suggestions already given:
http://www.b15sentra.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000659.html
http://www.b15sentra.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000702.html

------------------
911 / 944 / 935 Turbo, F355, F40, early Ferrari's, Z06 Vette, RX7, WRX, Lingenfelter Viper, 300ZX, AC Cobra, GT40, Copo Camaro's, Countach, McLaren F1, '70 Challenger T/A, Parnelli Jones Mustang, any Mustang's up to '69, Eleanor [Gone 60 sec], whatever Carroll Shelby touches...
oh...I'm supposed to list the car I HAVE, not what I would LIKE to have! ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These tires (Firestone Firehawks) are unidirectional, meaning the tread is made to roll in either direction (something directional tires are not meant to do). This allows them to be cross rotated if you really wanted to. Those of you crossed your tires, did it make the car pull in the other direction?

------------------
rschauby
2001 Sentra SE w/PP
1998 SE-R

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited February 21, 2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.