Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Vegas" 12.4? Anyone recommnend a good powerful sub

------------------
*Josh*
Hotshot Header, PR CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys, & Custom Exhaust

·
Registered
841 Posts
TREO competition subs...they are powerful...spl comp though.
a 15" will weigh close to 50lbs or more.

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/PP Granite, Manual,
20% Tinted Windows, Alpine CDA-7965
Unit, PPI PC6600 Amp, Custom Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
MB Quartz makes a pretty good sub as well

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Kicker solo-baric l7 series!!!!

"A SQUARE SUB???"

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had 2 phoenix gold 10s. They were powered by a phoenix gold 200w amp. Despite the low numbers, this system KICKED!! So much so that I got rid of one of the 10s. Plus I needed the money and it was kinda heavy. I would definately recommend the PGs.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The soundstream SPL series is very loud. If you really want to compete in SPL though Eclipse makes a killer sub that can handle I believe 1000 watts or more. Dont; hold me to that #. Its either that or louder. And Orion is of course known for the HCCAs when it comes to SPL. Hope this helps.
If you want a SQ sub look at Alumapro. Just 1 of their 10" subs hits almost as hard and much cleaner than my 2 JL 10". I should mention if you want clean bass don't get a bandpass like i have.
If this posts makes no sense sorry. I am half asleep right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A lot of companies make powerful subs, but some are made for SPL and some are made for SQ. I have an IDQ 12" and its a sound quality sub and quite loud 300watts RMS. If you want something that kicks out loudness at a decent price I've heard that audiobahn subs are quite good. Not the best SQ but they put out 1000watts RMS and have HUGE magnets and surrounds. Theres too many good brands to list....

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered
841 Posts
Enemigo...about that L7 solobaric.... how is it in clearity and power? I would like one but i would like to see what u say.

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/PP Granite, Manual,
20% Tinted Windows, Alpine CDA-7965
Unit, PPI PC6600 Amp, Custom Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rockford Fosgate stuff is nice, I had the Punch 800a4 running into 2 12" DVC subs... pounded the hell out of my last car, thing wouldn't stop rattling... damn fords...

PB

------------------
Paul Both
2001 Sentra SE with Performance Package
http://www.aci.on.ca/~pboth/

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THanks for all the replys, i ended up getting a Soundstream Rubicon 302 amp and Vega series 12" in a sealed box along with monster cables installed for $700. Its sounds really good and clean.

------------------
*Josh*
Hotshot Header, PR CAI, Unorthodox Pulleys, & Custom Exhaust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts