B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the immobilizer option on my SE and was wondering how well this works. Any B15s ever stolen with this option installed?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Its almost impossible to hotwire a car with the immobilizer, so unless you leave the keys in the car or they use some other means of taking the car (towtruck) odds are they'll just steal what they can from the car and leave it there.

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
[QUOTE='01SE--X--]Ask your local car starter install shop how impossible it is to steal a car with an immobilizer equipped on it?!!![/QUOTE]
Remote starters need to use one of two methods to work on cars with transponder based immobilizers.

1. A chip that acts like the transponder in a key, is programmed to the ECU just like a new key would be, and is activated by the remote starter only when you go to remote start the car.
2. A spare key is put into a box that when the car is remote started relays the immobilizer chips info to the cars ECU and makes it think the key is actually in the ignition.

Either way you have to make the computer think the key is there... if it doesn't get a response from an authorized transponder it is near impossible to start the car. It would take a die-hard proffesional car thief.. and a damn good one at that.. and he would need WAY more time than any car thief would want to spend. Like I said before odds are they will take what they can from the inside of the car and go.

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
Amplified2000 said:
Its almost impossible to hotwire a car with the immobilizer, so unless you leave the keys in the car or they use some other means of taking the car (towtruck) odds are they'll just steal what they can from the car and leave it there.
The stock immobolizer is a joke. Its one wire, one fricking wire to bypass it. I am not kidding. I thought it would be difficult to get past until Travis (I think it was him who said it) said it was one wire... so I looked into it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Noggin said:
The stock immobolizer is a joke. Its one wire, one fricking wire to bypass it. I am not kidding. I thought it would be difficult to get past until Travis (I think it was him who said it) said it was one wire... so I looked into it.
...interesting

·
Registered
881 Posts
how do u tell if your car has an immpbilizer. I have remote start on my clifford alarm, and the install shop didnt complain about any difficulties, so i guess not.

·
Registered
108 Posts
02SoFloSE-R said:
how do u tell if your car has an immpbilizer. I have remote start on my clifford alarm, and the install shop didnt complain about any difficulties, so i guess not.
If you bought the AF package/RF package you got one. If you have the stock SER sound system, you don't have one.

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
violentk2005 said:
If you bought the AF package/RF package you got one. If you have the stock SER sound system, you don't have one.

That's a pretty broad statement...because a lot of us SE people have the Immobilizer as well . :)

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
02SoFloSE-R said:
look at your key, if there is a little blue square on it then it has the immobilizer..i believe if you try to start the car three times without a chipped key then the immobilizer activates and you cant start the car

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
yea them keys are expensive like phuck..i had to get a copy of mine..it cost me $90. its like $50 for the key itself and $40 for them to program em. youre sure your key doesnt have a little blue square? look at the bottom of the plastic piece..it should be there, my SE key doesnt have an numbers..maybe they changed it for 04 or something

·
Registered
55 Posts
FuLIsh said:
yea them keys are expensive like phuck..i had to get a copy of mine..it cost me $90. its like $50 for the key itself and $40 for them to program em. youre sure your key doesnt have a little blue square? look at the bottom of the plastic piece..it should be there, my SE key doesnt have an numbers..maybe they changed it for 04 or something
Were they gentle when they screwed you?:eek:

J/K, but seriously, I only paid $38 for a key for my '04 and programming was included.

As for the number, I only have the tag with the key code since the chip codes change when you get a new key programmed. I don't see a "chip", but I think it's in the black plastic body.

·
Registered
230 Posts
so what does it mean that........ immobilizer never really works??? i noticed some cars that has alarms always detects noisy **** and when everytime you touch a sensitive car, it will alarm but our b15 never do that why????

·
Registered
569 Posts
immobilizer is impossable 2 steal? didn't they said the same thing 2 laser cut key? haha. there is always a back door for those evil people. with today's high tech. anything is possable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts