B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I left my car at the dealer. ( to fix the starting problem )
But before that, I had another problem, I am not be abale to drive my car more the 40 miles per hours, the rpm goes to 5 to 6 k, and the enigne was making a noice and and accelator becomes very hard.
But all of thet and no check engine light and also the over/drive light keep flashing.
Any idea about that problem or how service person will diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, it is automatic, Its just 5 months old and have only 5000 miles on it.
As you know its automatic, I never go beyound 2 to 3 k rpm.
Before its was fine, now thats the first time.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
akhlaq. I'm over the pain of this. And people are sick of me mentioning it but, be aware: If they tell you that the factory is putting in a new tranny, you are going to get a remanufactured one. If you are uncomfortable with this let them know right from the getgo. Ultimately though you'll be screwed. In your case you have 5000 so it's not as bad as having only 300 and getting used tranny. But in all fairness, the tranny I got is shifting very well and I understand all of the wear parts are replaced. Perhaps it has been looked at better than new. In any event it might be better than the local yokals disassembling it and repairing it.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are rebuilts and there are REBUILTS. Factory rebuilt trannys from the vehicle mfrs have all wear parts and seals replaced, they're not "patch" jobs like some of the aftermarket chain-shops sell--those are just repaired enough to work, not all wear parts are replaced. Since the tolerances are hand-measured during the course of the rebuild, chances are the rebuilt from the vehicle mfr. is indeed better than the new units.

------------------

Dammit Jim, I'm an automotive service technician, not a mechanic!
01 SE PP Auto, Jaded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts