B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would let you guys know, I ran a casual test on three different antennas.The oem, the radio shack version, and a solid aluminum billet(the stealth) that I ordered from styling concepts. I set the radio to a relatively weak Am news radio station that I listen to occasionally. Well the oem gave the best reception followed by the stealth. The radio shack antenna gave terrible reception. The stealth gave only moderately lower reception but more than makes up for it in looks compared to that stock shiskabob skewer.

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RadiumJohn:
post pics of that stealth antenna. Where and how much did you get it for? come on...hook a brotha up!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> hey radium it's at www.stylingcompacts.com it's actually the antenna I am getting it's actually in the mail :)

HEY CAP,,,,,,
How'd the installation go????fit with no problems??? I have mine in the mail and if it's gonna cause me problems it'll go right back.....keep me posted

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went on real easy,you do need an adapter however,but if you picked up one of those rubber radio shack units you can use adapter that came with it.Its just a threaded adapter. Adios Amigos

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
where did you pick the adapter up from?????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

***My Website***

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks like he was referring to the adapter that came with the radio shack antennae, Styling. I don't know if they would sell the adapters separate, but the antennae is only $5 so it may be worth getting it.

------------------
2001 Blackout SE w/ PP, sunroof, debadged, Stromung exhaust, more to come...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitelife:
Looks like he was referring to the adapter that came with the radio shack antennae, Styling. I don't know if they would sell the adapters separate, but the antennae is only $5 so it may be worth getting it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh ok I read it a little better,,,,thanks for pointing that out ;)

Looks like i'll have to go to radio shack and pick up the antenna cause the other should be here in a few days......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
i went to the styling compacts page and looked at those antennas. do you guys know what the difference is between the radium, bullet, stealth, and bowtie styles?? and also, why is the bowtie more expensive?

------------------
"If i cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Driving Illini:
i went to the styling compacts page and looked at those antennas. do you guys know what the difference is between the radium, bullet, stealth, and bowtie styles?? and also, why is the bowtie more expensive?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you look at the pictures it's the tips and bases of the antenna's that are different shapes,,,,,and as far as the bowtie one i am thinking Chevrolet so you might wanna stay away from that one.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Engi-nerd
2,218 Posts
lol...yeah keeping away from the bowtie one would probably be a good idea then.

------------------
"If i cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the adapter is,is simply a length of bolt that screws into antenna,then into the base on car.Have a good one gents.Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts