B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's wrong with the antenna. For us in the north, it's annoying when we wiped away the snow on the windshield on the passenger's side. It is so close to the A pillar, I almost bend it the other day....

No other way to put it somewhere else??

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
45 Posts
there is a thread around here somewhere about the antenna being replaced with a much smaller unit. i looked it up yesterday and heres what i found.

Radio Shack sells a 13" rubber-coated antenna for only $4.99 (part# 1202267).
you simply need a small wrench to remove your factory antenna at the base right above the chrome piece. the unit from Radio Shack comes with several different mounting 'screws' to ensure compatibility.
mine fit without a problem.
i hear that it gets better reception over the OEM unit and since its much small, i notice that it makes wiping the windshiled much much easier. (i work at the local carwash place and after eashing my car the first time i got it, i knew that antenna hadda go!!)

try it out! im sure you'll like it.

------------------
visit my site

i ride in a
2001 SE, color = Jaded, has the Super-Sized Performance-Package, 5 gears, no gascap holder, 16 inch 6 spoke alloy wheels by O.E.M., and an overhead compartment for storing my $10 sunglasses while i zig-zag past Hyundais or i mean, Honduhs on the street.

in da future i wanna
PR CAI, Stillen front-end, and a nice sexy exhaust note.

[This message has been edited by jam JAMMO (edited March 03, 2001).]

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
jam JAMMO:

Thanks for the info- I'll be in line 20 minutes before R.S opens tomorrow.

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

G

·
Only 5 bucks? Wow...I'll go pick one of those up for sure. Is this a part that most Radio shacks tend to carry? Do you have a specific part #?

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
anyone have a pic?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Only 5 bucks? Wow...I'll go pick one of those up for sure. Is this a part that most Radio shacks tend to carry? Do you have a specific part #?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most radio shacks do carry them if you go online you can type the part # down and see what it looks like....

I am going to be picking up a genuine billet antenna soon

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Dude, What does it matter how the new one looks?? Look at the origional !!! (gotta be better looking than that POS)

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

G

·
Sweet. Thanks a lot. Yeah, nothing could be worse than the fishing pole Nissan gave us. That rubber antenna will do much better. Heck, for 5 bucks you can't go wrong.

------------------
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
im thinking about a fuba.... we'll see

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
im thinking about a fuba.... we'll see

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no comment on this one.
You know, I've seen some other antennas that are rear mount and look sweeter than Fubas. They're kinda like Fubas, but they point towards the back a little more... and are adjustable, I think. Looks sweet!

Anyways, if you want to wait, I'm going to have pics up as soon as I get my damned spoilerette painted. I'm aiming for next weekend (crossing my fingers) to have everything ready for pics. It'll give ya an idea of what a Fuba looks like on a B15.

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the RS antenna the same day I picked up my car from the dealer cuz I work in a f*cked up area. I gotta say it looks pretty ugly and kinka flimsy. Just from driving around its stays in this slanted position. Its also kinda thick and stubby, I think it looks cheap. Since it's been on my car practically since I bought it I couldn't really say that it has better reception than the OEM antenna. But its gotta be cheaper than the OEM, so until I move its gonna stay on.

------------------
Granite 2001 SE w/PP, 5-spd (just 20% tint..so far)

[This message has been edited by Locotone (edited March 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Locotone:
I got the RS antenna the same day I picked up my car from the dealer cuz I work in a f*cked up area. I gotta say it looks pretty ugly and kinka flimsy. Just from driving around its stays in this slanted position. Its also kinda thick and stubby, I think it looks cheap. Since it's been on my car practically since I bought it I couldn't really say that it has better reception than the OEM antenna. But its gotta be cheaper than the OEM, so until I move its gonna stay on.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I agree I went to radio shack and looked at this antenna before and it does look really ugly so that's why i am going with a nice billet antenna

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
http://www.stylingcompacts.com/parts.cfm?partfamilyid=240&categoryid=11&subcategoryid=58&CFID=6098097&CFTOKEN=43974307&makeunique=2924

this is what i am looking into getting

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
does that go down?

------------------

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took some pictures today of my car with the Radio Shack antenna using the ****ty digital camera from work. I'm not much of a photographer, and it's not much of a camera, but you should get a good idea of how it looks.

I'll admit, it's not the best looking thing in the world, but I think that it looks pretty good. I don't think that anything is going to look really good on this car except to shave it. Anyway, the antenna is only $5 and definitely a hell of lot better than the stock one.

Radio Shack Antenna Pics

------------------
: 2000 SE : RADIUM : AUTO : PP :

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey ProjektA8,

did you just replace the mast or did you change the whole thing?????

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
Hey ProjektA8, did you just replace the mast or did you change the whole thing?????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just replaced the antenna. I simply unscrewed the stock one from the base, put the right threaded adapter in the bottom of the Radio Shack one, and screwed that into the base on the car. Took all of five minutes, and most of that was spent trying to find some pliers to unscrew the original antenna. That thing was on there tight.

------------------

G

·
That looks waaaaay better. I just picked mine up during lunch. It's kinda plain, but much shorter, and should integrate in with the car better. Best part, only $4.99! Now, that is a mod I can live with.

------------------
MODS:

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited March 06, 2001).]

·
Registered
87 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
That looks waaaaay better. I just picked mine up during lunch. It's kinda plain, but much shorter, and should integrate in with the car better. Best part, only $4.99! Now, that is a mod I can live with.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I'm saying. Unless you're going to spend the big bucks and get the whole thing shaved and an antenna stuck some place else, you can't beat this. Better looking than the stock one, and only $4.99 to boot!

Okay, so I admit it, I'm a cheap bastard, but that just means that I'll have more money in the long run for the big stuff!

------------------

1 - 20 of 41 Posts