B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I dont get flamed for this, I searched but a lot went over my head.
Basically what I would like is to lower the car for better handling and also look a little better with the less wheel space. She has about 68,000k and I drive pretty rough as far as daily driving goes. Is it not a good idea to just get springs cause they wont give the best result due to bottoming out (is that when you hit something so hard the the shock actually hits the base)? What exactly is a coilover is that the whole thing?
I also read people talking about combo's is that a one brand of shock and another brand for the spring?
Any help would be appreciated or if you just wanna say "BUY THIS" that's fine too. Thanks!

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Don't get any lowering spring.

Buy a complete coilover system that comes with the spring and shock. There are three solid choices, Ksport, Tein Basic or Nismo S-tune suspension, all cost roughly $750.

If you want a mild drop and better handling get the Nismo S-tune, it's not as harsh as the other two and install is very easy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ver much agree with you.. but, If you don't know what your doing, you can realy mess your camber, caster, and overall balance of the car, where if you pick a good "combo" strut and spring set-up, you let the engineers do their job, cause they have found what generaly works best for your car, I had ground control, and effed up my stock struts cause I'd didn't know any better... now I do, I'm running koni yellows and eibach sportline springs, nice low ride, good rebound, tough install for struts though, cuase they come as strut cartrigdes... nismo is good stuff, high ride hight, but very good handling... matters what you like, and what you like to spend....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dangling Fury said mild drop but Putz said high ride height. How much fo a difference is there?
I see theres a group buy for some Ksport coilovers how are they?
I'm just like everybody else looking foe somethimg good without forking out too much money but at the same time you get what you pay for and if i'm gonna do it I should just do it right the first time!
Overall I would like a little drop as long as its lower than factory and to be able to turn better from agressive street driving as I tend to floor it around corners in the parking lot on the way and out at my job.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Britjamcoolie said:
I'm just like everybody else looking foe somethimg good without forking out too much money but at the same time you get what you pay for and if i'm gonna do it I should just do it right the first time!
Don't be tempted by $200 lowering springs, like you said yourself, do it right the first time. If you don't have the cash, wait and save up.

Ksport is a good choice, you get a lot for the money, install is pretty easy since you don't have to reuse the stock tophats. Just make sure you really tighten the locking rings to avoid any noises.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dangling Fury said:
Just make sure you really tighten the locking rings to avoid any noises.
DON'T OVERTIGHTEN, YOU'LL RUN INTO PROBLEMS WITH FUTURE ADJUSTMENTS, tHATS WHY I WENT BACK TO STRUT SPRING COMBO, DISIMULAR METALS WILL FUSE, AND MAKE ADJUSTMENT VERY TUFF, THUS NO MORE GROUND CONTROL ON MY CAR.... USE SOME ANTI SIEZE ON THE THREADS ATLEAST, AND SNUG IS GOOD ENOGH, ASK THEIR TECH SUPORT FOR SPEC'S,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts