B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Boost This.
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well the kit got finished this weekend.

Will have updates soon with DYNO graphs and shots where I actually have the body kit put back on. :)

Can't give enough thanks to Jamie from Powertech Imports. Couldn't have dealt with a better person. Thanks again Jamie!

Anyhow, here are some in process shots.

Cheers!

:D :D :D

·
Boost This.
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chimmike said:
dat be a GT28RS no?

Oh, isn't that the 'special' kit? :D

Has Jamie left yet? btw?
Actually it's the GT2871R. And I love it! Not dynoed yet so I'm taking it easy and just driving like a grandma until then.

After that I'm going to smoke off my two front tires just to get it out of my system. ;)

I'm super pleased with the kit itself esthetically, and with Jamie's service on this, it was unbelievable. I learned so much from this whole experience. I highly recommend the kit. I assure you, you won't be dissapointed.

:)

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
ahhh hahhaa 2871R, goin for the big power eh? ;)

can you tell us dyno numbers please? I was talking to Protech earlier and i think Jamie called him while I was talking to them :D

·
Boost This.
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they're only there so I was able to take the wheels on and off for the install quickly, without worrying about damaging my 18s. :) But yeah, they are some serious wheel gap fillers fer sure.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Very nice!!! Congradulations! Welcome to the family.. :)

I expect there will be more pictures to follow ;)

Funny that someone posts new pictures of their newly turboed Spec-V, and people make comments on the tires/wheel gap?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Awsome setup.
I cant wait to get the rest O my shiz.......this is driving me nuts.

How you liking that 2871? When does the power really start to come on?
How does it sound with that 14 inch res?

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Man that's great! Thoses piping looks great too!

BTW, the PTI turbo kit don't include the removal of the 2nd runners butterfly? I tought it was better to remove them with turbo applications...

·
Registered
342 Posts
svrspec04 said:
How much did the kit cost u? And how much was everything after installation and all?

Why is it that on EVERY SINGLE post about a satisfied PTI customer... people want to know how much it cost and what the install ran you.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!

Or better yet. Visit PTI's site at: www.powertechimports.com

Call a local tuner shop and ask them how much they charge to install a turbo kit.

JESUS!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
angel2167882 said:
Man that's great! Thoses piping looks great too!

BTW, the PTI turbo kit don't include the removal of the 2nd runners butterfly? I tought it was better to remove them with turbo applications...
Yes the kit does call for you to remove the butterfly valves, apparently it hadn't been done yet in that pic.

·
Boost This.
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Yes the kit does call for you to remove the butterfly valves, apparently it hadn't been done yet in that pic.
Yeah, that was taken right before we took them out. But yes, they do come out for the install. I had them loctited from the dealer with the red, but they still came out pretty easy. Makes you wonder...

·
Boost This.
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SpeC-V_Freak said:
Awsome setup.
I cant wait to get the rest O my shiz.......this is driving me nuts.

How you liking that 2871? When does the power really start to come on?
How does it sound with that 14 inch res?
Love the turbo so far... but it still needs to be tuned. The power comes on almost imediatly wen you step on it, but the car is still quite drivable at low speeds.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
How does it sound? Deep? Throaty? Like a swarm of angry bees?

·
Registered
409 Posts
^^^ Yup, would be interessted in hearing it as well :) Do you have access to a camera or something? thanks in advance :)

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
2871 is overkill for a stock QR25 ;)

basic differences between the GT28RS and the GT2871R are compressor sizes. That's what allows the 2871R more top end....(still more than a stock QR can handle even with the gt28RS)

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
SpeC-V_Freak said:
How does it sound? Deep? Throaty? Like a swarm of angry bees?
no turbo car will ever sound like a buzzing honda. Also, turbo cars are generally half as loud as a car with a header.

I ran no cat, no resonator, just straight pipe to muffler from the turbo and mine wasn't that loud. Hell, before i put the resonator on my car with the stock header on and no cat, it was louder than my turbo setup.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts