·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just called hotshot about their CAI and Headers. Here is a little recap:

CAI - $200.51
Headers - $450.00

If you order it as a package, there is free shipping. If you live in CA, there is state tax, if not, don't worry about it. Since I am unemployed, I think I will just be picking up the CAI and eat the shipping charges.

I called about availability and they told me that they can get the CAI out to me by thursday, and the headers, next month. They said that the problem is that they didn't have a demo car to do the exact fittings, etc. Only reason I don't want to go wit place racing is because I won't have matching headers. I will not be looking for sponsorship, but it's nice to match.

I asked Robert about future prospective mods, and he told me that they may plan a cat-back exhaust. he didn't tell me a time. he couldn't even tell me if he is for sure they are going to make it. He explained that they are so busy with other things, that it is hard to add a new product for a new car (especially if it's getting popular).

I know this is repetative, but this is just to sum everything up and get anyone else's comments on the company/products/whateva.

this is my edit- Forgot to mention, another reason that they are taking so long on the headers is because there is an extra sensor. They want to add this into the design because it will void the warranty if you try to mod the part yourself. He just wanted to make sure that everything was done right before he shipped to us. I respect that. BTW, What's with this sensor, anyone have details?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

[This message has been edited by azninvazion (edited February 26, 2001).]

G

·
So, the CAI parts have finally arrived then? Well, that is reassuring. I guess I can look forward to getting my CAI soon then!

The O2 sensor is different on the new header. Also, Robert indicated to me that a hanger location near the flex joint was changed also. He went as far as to say that he wouldn't recommend using the B14 header because of this hanger location difference.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well thats good news for you guys

So you said they are working on the B15 header???so we should get someone that lives in the area out there so they can take a look at the car and do the fittings......

also what's the difference between mixing I'm gonna be having a PR CAI with hotshot headers when they come out,,,and to boot A Stromung Cat-back....so just because these all don't carry the same name is it gonna make a difference,,,even though they do the same job????

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should be fine. My cuz has hotshot header, intake, greddy cat back. Everything seems to be fine, her car makes a nice deep growl. Then again, she has a lude, and we all know that hondas and nissans are different.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

[This message has been edited by azninvazion (edited February 26, 2001).]

G

·
Well, it's kinda along the same lines as having NGK spark plugs and plug wires. They really don't need to be of the same brand. The intake and Headers are not directly related at all. Since the PR and Hotshot CAI's are essentially identical, I doubt there would be any difference in which one you choose. The headers are gonna look generic no matter what brand you choose. I don't think hotshot or stillen embosses the tubes with their logo or anything.

BTW, I don't think Hotshot actually has the parts yet. His words to me were "I *think* I should be ready to ship on thursday." Now, the coater drops off parts on Wednesday's, so I am willing to guess that he is praying that the coaters drop off the parts this week.

------------------
MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
me either... they MIGHT come in tomorrow... probably wednesday or thursday though

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Once someone actually has a B15 header, I'll pick one up.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i just got the email from Hotshot!!! The CAI is on the way!! I'll let you guys know when I get it!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
816 Posts
I didn't get any email from Hotshot...does that mean that mine is in the NEXT batch? So I guess I won't see mine till next month or so?

I'm checking my email like 10 times a day to see if I got that email.

G

·
I wouldn't wait for an e-mail. Just give them a call. I am all for every B15sentra.net member harassing them until they ship our stuff. I'm gonna be calling them again soon. hehe.

------------------
MODS:
------

G

·
Update: The CAI's are coming, The CAI's are coming! *Yay* They shipped today, so check your e-mail everyone! I guess we should start seeing them in the middle of next week. I am gonna have to go tell my car the good news!

------------------
MODS:
------

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Heck, I'LL call them... even though I have nothing on order from them.

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Update: The CAI's are coming, The CAI's are coming! *Yay* They shipped today, so check your e-mail everyone! I guess we should start seeing them in the middle of next week. I am gonna have to go tell my car the good news!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh...good deal man. Let me know how it is when you get it Max, please? Thanks buddy.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ah.... they shipped today eh..... i wanted it today....
maybe i'll get it by Sat..... i hope

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I GOT IT!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so happy!!!!!

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
damn... its red.... i guess im going with the christmas look

------------------

1 - 20 of 38 Posts