B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10" L7 600 watts rms 1200 watts max for those that didnt know the power ratings. i was looking into getting the kicker kx600.1 amp to go with it but i wanted to check on here and see if anyone had a better suggestion?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
UH, I dont feel like researching.....LOL. Whats the impeadence of the L7? DVC/SVC? I'm not too familiar with kicker products...but regardless stuff like that will make a big difference

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 ohm dual voice coil

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Then it still depends. I dont know if that amp is one ohm stable or not. If its not, your only wiring option would create a final load of 4 ohms, yielding you 300 RMS.
Thats definately not what you want for that sub.
Look at getting something that puts out good power at 4 ohms. I dont like running at 1 ohm even if the amp is 1 ohm stable, but thats a personal preference.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so any suggestions on an amp that runs at 4ohms that will be sufficient?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so your suggesting that i get the NINe.1 and run it at 4 ohms? which if im correct would give me 450 watts rms. will that be sufficient?

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
noooooooooooooo, give the L7 800-1000W. if you are going to get a mainly SPL focused sub you best give it all she's got

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so any suggestions dev?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
airforcespecv said:
so your suggesting that i get the NINe.1 and run it at 4 ohms? which if im correct would give me 450 watts rms. will that be sufficient?
My bad dude. I thought that amp was [email protected] ohms. Heh, you could run it at 1 ohm (like I suggested against lol) and get 1200 out of it. Cant really go wrong with eD's 3 year warranty.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
yea... Fry's here in Georgia is selling a Crunch 1000W amp for $49.99 this weekend. You can't beat the POWAR! rofl

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
hifonics brutus 1000d
avionixx 800.2 (I have one just sitting around, you could buy it if you wanted but I would have no way to ship it to you for about a week :()
I think soundstream has a picasso amp that does 900x1 @ 1ohm

there are a few out there, you just want something that puts out 800-1000rms at 1 or 4ohm.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Yeah but isint that like a $500 amp?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts