B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put aluminum foil on your front corner amber piece and cover with the plastic headlamp. This should make your amber color dissappear and seem like it's all clear. Is this true?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
not sure i understand...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for the civic si that I had...my friend told me to get a piece of plain aluminum foil. Take out the plastic cover for the headlamp...when you see the amber piece...somehow tape it to it and cover it so the SHINIEST SIDE of the aluminum would be facing out. Put the cover back on and this should cause a CLEAR view when you stare at the corners.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I actually tried taking my car to a shop to do this last week. They said that the glue that holds the Sentra headlights together was like superglue and a lot stronger the Civic glue. They guaranteed that something would break if they tried to open the Sentra headlights. Unless someone else comes up with a better way, I'm waiting till someone makes em like APC (yuck) or OBX.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 13, 2001).]

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Its doesn't really look bad...If you guys wanna go through all that trouble than be my guest.. How are you supposed to put that aluminum foil in anywayz? Is there an opening other than the bulb?

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enemigo:
Its doesn't really look bad...If you guys wanna go through all that trouble than be my guest.. How are you supposed to put that aluminum foil in anywayz? Is there an opening other than the bulb?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the new Civics, I've heard of people actually putting the foil through the bulb hole. Other people just open the housing and take out the reflector. I dunno. I just don't like the orange reflector. Clear corners are just a preference to me, I guess. On my Civic, that was probably the first thing I changed. Guess I just got too used to living on the Honda side... where you can buy just about any mod you can imagine.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I will find a way to get it out DAMN IT!!!!
no but when it gets alittle warmer here I was planning on checking it out...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

G

·
I hate to be the one to bring this up, but this discussion is getting waaay ricey. Common, aluminum foil to cover up an amber lens??? Honestly, do you think ANYONE would even notice the difference? Well, maybe they'd notice a wad of foil rolling around inside your headlight.
Hell, I didn't even realize the headlight had an amber lens in it until you guys brought it up.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Wouldn't it be illegal to drive without a reflector anyway? I mean...You have to have some kind of reflector so the cops won't cry..

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

G

·
Yes it is a legal requirement, but I am sure the ticketing officer would love to hear how you stuffed the piece of aluminum foil in there.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see that you guys are liking my idea...hehe..but nahz...I just checked out the corner headlight and it's really tight in there...and it isn't like the civics. But SentraSty, there's gotta be a way, there's gotta be a wayyyyy!

lol

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter