B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether you love or hate the Altezza look doesn't matter. I'm not tryin to step on anybody's toes.
I'm only up for research, and info, and then in the long run something positive for whoever gives a damn.

So if you hate Altezzas dont even read this, and please there's no need to waste space and reply with unending messages of detest and disregard for the style. People are simply different.

Now for those of you still interested. I spoke with APC at the latest Import show here in Dallas, TX. APC told me that they need at least a demand of 2500 sets to get them started on production.

APC said that IF the idea came up, an advertisement would arise (even tho the lights aren't made yet) to assess the demand. IF they can arise a demand of at least 2500 sets, then they will consider it worth the expense to manufacture, DOT test, and sell.

SO... the resolution? Theoretically speaking all we need to do is up the demand, or seemingly do so. If all interested consistently send emails asking APC about Altezzas for the 2000/2001 Sentras and other aftermarket manufacturers then this new "demand" may be enough for them to start the advertisements, to start the surveys and assess the demand. IF noone shows any interest and only sits dismayed by others' remarks, or if noone takes any action, then APC and other company's won't even consider it.

So there's my info. unbiased and without opinion on whether we should like or dislike Altezzas.

G

·
Welcome to the Board!

Gee, *only* 2500 sets. :rolleyes: That is big business for ya. We got a custom catback made with 10 orders. If you ask me, they are telling you to go screw yourself, but in a politically correct way.

I won't comment on the lights themselves, but I wouldn't hold your breath on getting these made. The demand just isn't there. By the time you got 2500 orders, Altezza's will be nothing but an ancient (albeit horrible) memory.

BTW, ALTEZZA'S SUCK! Now I feel better.
:)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I asked this question a long time ago just to see how many people would actually buy them for the B15 and I think maybe a total of 10-15 people replied to it,,,Now all you need is 2480-2490 people to go:D

It'll never go and like maxx said they basicaly told you they are not building them....

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I would have to agree; your looking at needing 10% of all B15 owners to want those. Imagine 10% of the Civics having those.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
2500 orders?!? I thought last time this came up it was only 100 orders needed? That's crazy! Oh well. What I really want are some freakin clear headlight housings... I'll send em an email for that.

And there's my statement. Said nicely without insulting those who like Altezza lights. :)

[Edited by SR20DE 2K on 05-14-2001 at 07:23 PM]

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Y2K SE said:
I would have to agree; your looking at needing 10% of all B15 owners to want those. Imagine 10% of the Civics having those.
Imagine it? All I have to do is take a drive around the block to confirm that the number of Civic owners that have them is well beyond 10%... :p

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I figured they were just givin' me the politically correct rejection.

I just thought that if Civics and Accords, Integras and Eclipses can have 'em, why should we be denied the availability? ... even if we don't like 'em, we oughta have the right to get 'em if Civics can so easily.

Well, that's it then... This'll be my last reply to my own thread. Thanks for all your opinions.

P.S. Check out other threads I may have... I'm new at this and really wanna do a lot to my '01 Sentra SE.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
SR20DE 2K said:
Y2K SE said:
Imagine it? All I have to do is take a drive around the block to confirm that the number of Civic owners that have them is well beyond 10%... :p
Maybe I'm spoiled....nah. Should anyone ever think there are numerous Civics in your area, just remember that I live 20 minutes from the Honda plant where they are assembled in the US. There be Civics falling from the skies here. That lowers the Altezza to non-Altezza ratio significantly.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
SR20DE 2K said:
2500 orders?!? I thought last time this came up it was only 100 orders needed? That's crazy! Oh well. What I really want are some freakin clear headlight housings... I'll send em an email for that.

And there's my statement. Said nicely without insulting those who like Altezza lights. :)

[Edited by SR20DE 2K on 05-14-2001 at 07:23 PM]
Hey you know what now that I'm thinking it you are correct on the 100 orders,,,,it was Russ that brought it up that a 100 people was needed and then I posted a topic to actually see who be in and it got like maybe 10-15 tops.....But now it's 2500 orders thats insane....Hey APC look at it this way eventualy all the Honda guys will have them,,,,SO who will you have after that????:D

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Y2K SE... Civics falling from the skies... HahhahAHhAHhHHaHA!!! One of the funniest posts all morning. :D

SS... thanks for confirming my hunch, man. For a minute there I thought I just imagined the whole thing. :p

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
...I was in a good mood after reading about apes being raped in the General forum...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts