B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this email back from altezza, for the people who like the euro look, you'll like this

Hi, they are on the list for production. It's a matter of time. Probably
about two to four months.

Sincerely,
altezzalighting.com

------Original Message------
To: [email protected]
Sent: May 19, 2001 6:28:16 AM GMT
Subject: Nissan Sentra

I was wondering if you have any plans to make the altezza tailights for the 2000-2001 nissan sentra's?? Thanks -Drew

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i hear anything else from them i'll be sure to post it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bring em on..

I will not be buying them but once there are Altezzas for B15s then the good stuff will soon follow.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: Bring em on..

Silver97GXE said:
I will not be buying them but once there are Altezzas for B15s then the good stuff will soon follow.
I kinda see where you're heading on this one cause once they are made then other companies will soon see the demand and start putting other stuff into production for us....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I personally won't do the altezza's but I would like a nice body kit:)

G

·
Jump For Joy!

Ok, this is just bad news. We don't need any ricer mods for the B15. This is just going to encourage the "fringe" people to buy them and turn the Sentra into the next ricer mobile. Honestly, if I pulled up next to another B15 with Altezza's, I would have to get out of my car and "re-educate" the driver of the car. It would personally offend me.

Not to rant here, but didn't we all buy the Sentra so that we WOULDN'T BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!! If your gonna buy Altezza's for your B15, you might aswell have bought a Civic. If your self esteem is so low that you feel the need to spend $200 on Altezza's to be part of the "in" croud, you might want to invest it in a 12 step program instead. The last people you need "props" from are the damn Honda Ricers. Don't try and tell me that they look good either. Altezza's are like parachute pants. They are a fad that we are trying to forget about.

Who am I kidding though. If your at the level of being excited about the Altezza's, your not going to understand why I am so upset. Go ahead, go buy them. I hear that if your one of the first 100 buyers, Altezza will include a free Icy Hot Stunnaz CD! Bonus! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
OK, before we all start ramping and raving FOR or AGAINST Altezzas let's just agree that it IS a step to have them in production. AFTER Altezzas come other good stuff, like kits.

I've been emailing a LOT of companies about kits and Altezzas to get the ball rolling and I believe all our efforts are not to waste, and the Altezza production is a sign that good is yet to come.

As for originality... I agree, we all bought our cars because of A.it was a great deal and B.we wanted to be original, pioneers (almost)
and boy are we right, my car shocks a lot of ricers down here in Texas who didnt expect anything out of a car other than an oversized-ego-Honda. But I don't believe that Altezzas would degrade our vehicles or degenerate the value. Here, in Dallas, and I DO emphasize here because other cities are different, ricers aren't THAT common. I mean sure they exist in the pseudochinatowns and in rich neighborhoods but they don't all have Altezzas. In fact a Sentra with Altezzas ADDS to the originality if ALL the other Sentras around refuse to "degrade" themselves. I don't believe Altezzas were ONLY made for ricers... they simply have been associated with them because they are most popular with them.

Personally I believe the look depends on the shape, and color of the car. Everyone would agree that trucks with Altezzas look plainly retarded. As if something spaceage (or just special-ed new age) was attached to a tried-and-true standard no-deviation style and system. However, I have seen some black "sport" trucks with curves like u normally dont see on a truck that look... well.. not GREAT but at least acceptable in Altezzas.

I agree that the big red circle is kinda stupid lookin, but in certain applications it looks better than the originals. We've all seen the photoshopped image of the white sentra, and I've photoshopped an image of my radium sentra and these 2 colored Sentras seem to go nicely with the chrome/clear look of the altezzas. IN FACT, the HUGE red funnyshaped pads look more awkward than the altezzas do, and add to the irregular-shaped *** on MY particular car, because the red stands out very strongly againts the surrounding silver (because the red is a much darker shade than silver). The red on black sentras however looks nice, maybe better than altezzas because the red is a lighter tint than the black. It's all visual/subjective/design oriented.

... and lastly (this may be goin too far heheh) it's kinda funny how "ricey" has become a term now describing mainly Honda cars with more show than go... especially since it really ties back to the fact that they are asian cars where RICE is the main source of food like we have... i dunno... bread or Hooter's hotwings here. Frankly (nationality-wise) the Sentra is a rice-pocket-rocket lotsa power in a sedan-lookin (unsuspecting and surprising) setup that is MADE IN JAPAN... well... and Mexico (but they got rice there too........)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok...People I am just as sick of the Altezza lights as you guys are BUT, for companies to make cosmetic mods such as body kits ect... More cosmetically modded B15s will have to be on the scene. It all comes down to the all mighty dollar. So if you dont like them dont buy them. They only look good on certain colors, white car with altezzas looks really bad... I am also not a fan of the B15 rear end, so if something comes up that makes it look a little better i am all for it. I saw a balck Intg=egra with black altezza lights similar in style to the black housing projectors on Wes' car and think that would look nice on a black B15. If it was up to me Nissan would have given the B15 a rear styled more like the back of the I30 which would match the flow of the body, or the gorgious rear of the current G20, but the G20 has more angled body lines. Well everyone play nice.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: Jump For Joy!

maxximtl said:
Ok, this is just bad news. We don't need any ricer mods for the B15. This is just going to encourage the "fringe" people to buy them and turn the Sentra into the next ricer mobile. Honestly, if I pulled up next to another B15 with Altezza's, I would have to get out of my car and "re-educate" the driver of the car. It would personally offend me.

Not to rant here, but didn't we all buy the Sentra so that we WOULDN'T BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!! If your gonna buy Altezza's for your B15, you might aswell have bought a Civic. If your self esteem is so low that you feel the need to spend $200 on Altezza's to be part of the "in" croud, you might want to invest it in a 12 step program instead. The last people you need "props" from are the damn Honda Ricers. Don't try and tell me that they look good either. Altezza's are like parachute pants. They are a fad that we are trying to forget about.

Who am I kidding though. If your at the level of being excited about the Altezza's, your not going to understand why I am so upset. Go ahead, go buy them. I hear that if your one of the first 100 buyers, Altezza will include a free Icy Hot Stunnaz CD! Bonus! :rolleyes:
I am seriously gonna buy a set and drive around looking for MAXX hehehehe:D J/K

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with alex on how it would look nice on the radium colored sentra because i too think that the red of the tail lights right now are too dark making the rear end look a little funny, if you ask me, and that if you put on the altezza's on there it would probably look much better. I would consider buying them myself becuase of this fact, but it depends on how the light itself looks first though.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
finally someone agrees with me...

I'd buy them for mine cuz my sentra is radium and the red is too dark makin it stand out. From the rear end the car looks like its got two big red eyes or patches. From the side view, the clear (with orange piece) front lense seem a lil lighter weight visually than the rear which has the heavier dark red blotch.

So I don't say that Altezzas are ricey if they are used to make the car look better and not for trend or fad. And honestly I can say... from my photoshop pic that the altezzas would look better than the big reds.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
So Altezza's look bad on White Sentra's? Hmm.. what is a person to do. LOL

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
HEY GUYS/GALS
Here's an update... I emailed Altezzalighting to get a date and more info and this is their reply:
--------------
Hi, they were originally slated for June, but that has been moved back
untill fall sometime. The only way we can have them sooner, is if we have
250 presold.

Sincerely,
altezzalighting.com
--------------

So there you have it, proof and date... and sooner if 250 presolds are made. Prety soon if you ask me, this fall? And even June had everything gone right, man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts