B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the two light combo...Brake and Battery light...which is a general warning of some fault on the electrical system (usually Alternator is bad).

I know my battery is on its last legs, but have been leaving it be. Partly since the current battery is at 500 amps on spec of 640 (nissan service manual on the 1.8 pegs the starting amperage at 350). I guess that bit me in the rear end.

Before I replace it with a group 35, anyone run a 24F as a drop in replacement or is that too big?

In addition, if I need to replace the Alternator (current output of 14 volts with all accessories on) what company do folks recommend? Denso rebuilt is the same price as a AC Delco new.

Any good links to removing it without removing the lower access panel/radiator fans?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
Alternator is as easy as the service manual says it is...which is not typical for other 4 pot motors whose bolts are easily accessible. So its hard.

Anyways, picked up a DB electrical alternator, which was new and had a arrowhead part #. Dropped in, its ouput on a flat battery was 14+ volts.

Came with a year of warranty so we shall see how reliable this is.

I`ll replace the battery in the coming days and report with outputs of the alternator. I did not have a core charge or trade in required, so I`ll probably test the alternator to see what went wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts