Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the setup I've got wired to the alpine cda-9827:

wires connected (properly, I've double and triple checked them):
12v constant
ignition/power on
ground
amp remote
illumination
and finally, the rca's for the fronts, rears, and subwoofer.

Now here's the issue:
any time I power up the unit, the speakers pop......pop pop pop *pause* pop pop pop *pause* just like that.

oh, and I've tried at least 3 different ground spots.

I do not have the speaker wires themselves connected because I'm running the speakers off the amp.

Now I found in the alpine manual that there's a setting for connecting to an external amplifier, and I haven't done it yet, but I just doubt that it is the cause of the problems.

anyone?

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
I wouldn't turn on the h/u until everything was already connected...

You're saying that you've done all the wiring on the h/u side, but haven't connected your RCAs or remote power to the amp?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I talked to mike, all of the wiring is hooked up, and the amp on previous HU worked fine no speaker or amp wiring changes.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's exactly what I did, 3 times.

I went down to it again and did the procedure in the alpine manual for shutting off power to the regular speakers and just using the amp....still happens.

it's not so much a popping sound like popcorn, but still kinda popping. hard to explain, lol

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
OMG i had the same popping sound when i hooked up my RCA on my Alpine Hu!! i havn't fixed mine yet but some people that ive talked to say its the ground wire, but i dunno. i thought i was the only unlucky dude with this problem if you find out the problem please post for that i need answers too

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
I don't know if this will fix your problem....but a Ground Loop Isolator may fix it. Typically that is used for fixing the whining sound that may come from your alternator. Try it anyway, it might work. One more thing, did you ground your HU to the OEM ground or did you re-ground it?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm wondering perhaps if it has something to do with the illumination wire? I dunno. I hooked everything up correctly that's all I can figure.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
it only makes the popping noise when you turn it on from the HU right? not when you leave it on and power the car up?if so same prob

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't tried leaving it on and turning the car off...................then turning it back on. that's interesting....i might give that a shot.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok...somehow i just fixed it. i un-did and re did the ignition and 12v constant wires and it works now........even when shutting it on and off while the car is on.....................strange!!!!

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
chimmike said:
ok...somehow i just fixed it. i un-did and re did the ignition and 12v constant wires and it works now........even when shutting it on and off while the car is on.....................strange!!!!
Pffff....thanks for the waste of a thread! :p

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha..........strange thing is......is I didn't change anything.........that's what is bothering the hell outta me.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
chimmike said:
WTF????? guess i gotta keep rewiring my stuff till it stops :confused: weired....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
sounds like there was a short some where in either the 12v acc or ignition wire....and when you "re-wired" it the last time you moved it away from where it was shorting.....either that or possibly some thing was touching the metal on the rca connectors.....does your alpine have the rcas in the back of the radio? or does it have "pig tails"?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
know what the problem turned out to be?

Subwoofer preouts. I disconnected the RCAs to the sub, and it stopped................ ???? WTF? lol.

I'm not running the sub right now but that shouldn't make a difference.....................
the RCAs are on the back of the unit, but on the other side of the unit than the main wiring.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
chimmike said:
know what the problem turned out to be?

Subwoofer preouts. I disconnected the RCAs to the sub, and it stopped................ ???? WTF? lol.

I'm not running the sub right now but that shouldn't make a difference.....................
the RCAs are on the back of the unit, but on the other side of the unit than the main wiring.
ya it only happens when the rca for subs is connected to amp, and the popping sound only comes out of the subs

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Its possible that when you mounted the HU and shoved al the wires into the dash that something was touching metal and now removin and and redoing the wire has caused that to no longer be the case I got the exact same noise/problem when my speaker wire was touchin the door frame by accident.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts