B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am thinking of replacing the stock speakers with Alpine DDDrives. They are extremely sensitive speakers and I would hope they would sound good off the stock power. Does anyone have these installed in their cars?

PB

------------------
Paul Both
2001 Sentra SE with Performance Package
http://www.aci.on.ca/~pboth/

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hmm..never heard of them. But if they are just any aftermarket, regular speakers then I don't think you will hear them to their max without an amp. Also, if you raise your volume up too much w/o the amp, you might blow them up.

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've heard the Alpine DDDrives are more geared toward competition audio. You're definately going to need an amp to run them properly. Check into the lower models (Type-S and Type-R) because I think they are designed to be run on less power. Also, you might want to look into Infinity or Boston Acoustics. They both make incredible speakers that are significantly less expensive than DDDrives and will probably perform better on stock power.

------------------
Samo

"The Ghettoblaster"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure about DDD's but I do know that they are supposedly pretty good and yes you would need an amp.

Im running my infinity 6 1/2"s off stock power and im planning a 4 channel amp very soon, i can hear them clipping from my head. I'd always recommend powering speakers with an amp where possible. Just a thought.

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered
966 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, the DDDrive line of speakers from alpine came out like 5 years ago

they are old is pretty much what im trying to say, i didn't even think they still sold them new.........why not get type-r's??? They are getting awesome reviews

1 - 7 of 7 Posts