B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys list your top speed when you are all stock (NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL) just curious. i hit like 122-123 and still had more power but no more road:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've hit around 122 to 125 on VIR's front straight and I fiqure somewhere around 130to 136 is possible but haven't had the balls to get on the interstate to see what it will really do.

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
hit about 125???? Not exactly sure, ran out of road...was racing my brother in his maxima....the thing is he was at 140+(she shuts off at 145 but definetely has a lot more)...I was a bit back, haha.

·
A rare and different tune
363 Posts
I don't know about fully stock, but I hit a buck 30 and still had about 800 rpm left... just couldn't get her to go any more. Maybe after she's lowered a bit, I can get a few more mph. (The pro kit will be here by the end of the week). :D

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
All stock I pushed 127mph. I haven't really busted out with my mods....yet. :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats 205 KHM in MPH???

and have you guys noticed that when you push the pedal all the way tho the floor you get less power then just pushing half way or 75% of the way to the floor?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Project SE said:
and have you guys noticed that when you push the pedal all the way tho the floor you get less power then just pushing half way or 75% of the way to the floor?
Depends on what gear you're in and what RPM's you're pushing. Funny, I was just talking about this with my roommate on the way back from grocery shopping. It's fast when you don't use the whole petal, but let me tell you, if you get your shifting and gearing right with the gas, you can really move when you floor it. =D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depends on what gear you're in and what RPM's you're pushing. Funny, I was just talking about this with my roommate on the way back from grocery shopping. It's fast when you don't use the whole petal, but let me tell you, if you get your shifting and gearing right with the gas, you can really move when you floor it. =D
when do you go all the way down and when do you go less than all the way and at what RPMS?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Project SE, haven't you ever really stepped on your gas pedal when putting it in 1st, then letting your RPM's go up to, say at least 5500 and then shifting to 2nd for a split second and stepping completely on the gas the same way till you get to 5th? For me, it's a lot more powerful than playing with the gas while waiting for the engine to rev to 5500. Is that what you were looking for? I believe the key to it is to keep your RPM's high enough so that you can pretty much go through the gears pretty fast in order to keep your car going faster and faster.

Today, I decided to gun it after a red light and when I shifted to 2nd, my tires totally chirped loud and I was like, man this car can really go when I punch it.

I have no idea if I'm explaining this right at all, can someone help out?? :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes i know how to powershifte i do it all the time im prolly one of the hardest drivers out there but what im saying is my RPMs go up faster sometimes when i dont floor it, when i go half way down or 75% of the way down it feels like im accelerating faster

·
Registered
297 Posts
I hit 122mph

117.5 seems to be the cutoff with the A/C on. the car still has plenty of RPMS to go thru, it just doesn't climb anymore, a friend of mine with his 95 SE with a japan spec sr20de and jap spec computer took the needles to a new level, heheh. I will let you know how I do at the track with my new mods, I won't reveal anything that is done to it, until end of summer, so the whole car is done and looking nice enough to pic it. later,
JCC

P.S- I think I might be able to hit 145-150mph, hmmmm, I will let you know how it goes, bye.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey y'all, a word of caution about top speed running. **** happens REALLY FAST!!! at that speed. Plan your drives for open road, NO traffic or on track. Just ask Kevinc, he's been roadracing and at high speed you really got to plan yor moves. I'm not saying don't do it, just be carefull.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Re: I hit 122mph

2k1DragSentra said:
P.S- I think I might be able to hit 145-150mph, hmmmm, I will let you know how it goes, bye.
Are you using stock gearing? We figured it out one time at max gearing, top is 145. Does anyone remember the formula? I need to go search for it. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
cool

anyone know if there is a fuel cut-off? and at what point it is, I have an auto. so things might be diff for me, can anyone figure out what the max speed would be on mine? thanks,
JCC

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.