B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the hotshot header gives 12hp and the PR CAI gives 8hp.. thats 20hp all motor.. what else can i buy all motor that will give me hp.. i guess turbo will ruin the engine..

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Unorthodox pulley's will give ya a few extra gain also....

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
desknchair01 said:
I know the hotshot header gives 12hp and the PR CAI gives 8hp.. thats 20hp all motor.. what else can i buy all motor that will give me hp.. i guess turbo will ruin the engine..
I would hook up with a exhaust system upgrade. I went with Stromung, but you can also hook up with Stillen, or even a universal application with a custom midpipe. These four mods are the pretty much the first easy four to do. My bad, I forgot advancing timing, but you all know how I feel about gas prices around here. I just can't wait to get back to Cali...:p

You're talking about numbers, which yeah, it's good to have the numbers, but once you get in the car with these mods, you'll have a hard time calling how much "actually" HP you will feel. I swear, I need a dyno.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
desknchair01 said:
the hotshot header made 9hp on the b15, typically the PR CAI gives 8hp but hasnt been dynod(by itself) on a b15.

I have the PR CAI, HS header, pulleys and my car made 136 hp and 131 trq at the wheels.

HP numbers will vary...

And how do you guess turbo will ruin the engine. If you believe that you havent done much research about the sr20de. Do some research before you start modding.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but which motor does Desknchair01 have? From everyone's response, I'm assuming he has the SR20?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
SR20DE 2K said:
Maybe I missed something, but which motor does Desknchair01 have? From everyone's response, I'm assuming he has the SR20?
im just assuming he has a 2.0 and a b15 cuz he posted this in the b15 forums and cuz PR or HS dont make anything for the 1.8(thus no dyno #'s for him to reference to)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Newbie here...
I got a brand new 01 Sentra SE that's the 2.0L with 145hp.

What's the cheapest hp-uppin' mod I can do right now?

Actually... the car kicks some major *** already, but someone just tell me anything I can do to make this car fly even MORE. I'm plannin on headin up some stock preludes or Civic Sis...

Also gimme info on computer chip tuning/upgrading and I also had someone tell me about a Universal SBC controller like what Vtec has??? Explain... I'm gettin lost in my research...

G

·
The CAI and headers are the two single biggest HP providers for the B15. There are no ECU's available yet. Honestly, I don't think we will ever see them. :( Camshafts from JWT should be on the way soon, but since they haven't been tested, no one knows what kind of power they might produce.

The mods to get are the CAI, Headers, Catback exhaust and UDP's. The timing mod is a must also, since it is free. However, with gas prices going through the roof, you might have to evaluate how much that 3HP is worth to you. :)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Alright, thanks for your help, man.

What's the timing mod about? How is that done, and how bad does it alter fuel consumption??

And what are some typical prices for the upgrades you mentioned?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Alex-

The timing mod requires a timing light or when you get an oil change next time, you might be able to ask your mechanic to advance the timing about 3-4 degrees. It will not consume more gas but you'd have to put in premium to prevent detonation, which is really bad for your engine. That's why people were referring to the price of gas.

It's a free mod but you will have to pay for the more expensive gas.

As for the cost of the mods, the CAI is about $200-220. The headers cost about $450. And I don't know about the UDP cuz I don't have those.

For exhausts, check Stromung ($550) and also, I just heard that Acceleration Pluss in CT has some full stainless steel exhausts for the B15s. Check their website http://www.accelerationpluss.com

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
It is the stromung one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
hey GXE2k i think your wrong about Placee Racing having a cAI for the gxe. i just orered one for the SE and will probably have to mod it to make it fit. if you want one u can email me the trace of teh MAF adapter so i can get it to PR. so im pretty sure they dont, yet

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
NiSentraGXE2k said:
hey GXE2k i think your wrong about Placee Racing having a cAI for the gxe. i just orered one for the SE and will probably have to mod it to make it fit. if you want one u can email me the trace of teh MAF adapter so i can get it to PR. so im pretty sure they dont, yet
I was thinking the same thing. They still haven't gotten back with me. I know they're busy as all hell, but with their inventory restocked, it should get a bit better. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
whoops. my bad. I didn't know that acceleration pluss was selling stromung stuff. I just read on another BB that they had exhausts for b15s. Sorry...should have done my research.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey nisentragxe2k, let us GXE people know how it goes with the PR CAI that you ordered since it is for the 2.0. I hope it fits too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok ill let u know. if it fits or whatever happens.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Ok... let's say my goal is 200HP... that's not too much to ask... somebody give me the rundown on WHAT and HOW MUCH it'll be to hit that goal.

... aimin' low for now...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts