B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chicks dig dented sentra
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on installing the switch for the foglights on the steering column. (I got one, I do hope it fits) My question is, what does one do to disconnect the air bag? I did a search and didnt find anything that particularly mentions where the wires are or how to discharge the airbag system without the bag deploying. I know its a couple wires, but I just want to be safe when I take the plastic casing off the wheel and remove the column switch.

All help graciously accepted. Flames will be ow3n'd by a fire extinguisher.

Thanks in advance

SR

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'M NOT ABSOLUTELY SURE but, I don't think there is any kind of back up elec to fire the airbag. so if you disconnect the battery you should be fine...

keep any test batteries AWAY from the steering column.!!!

(how's your extinguisher stack up against a flame thrower?)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Is there any fuses for the SRS airbag system? I also know the airbag ECM is under the passenger seat so just disconnect this module may do the trick. But playing with the SRS system may throw the SRS light ON needing you go to the dealer and have the light and system reset to function again...

Do you have the FSM? It may be quite useful for your needs ;)

·
Chicks dig dented sentra
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the switch in, seems to work for normal functions, :-D Just need to put the lights and relay in. BTW, I used a switch from an 02 Pathfinder according to the person who sold it on ebay, its brand new and even came in the bag that has the Nissan Part number and bar code on it. Fit perfectly as far as I know. I love how simple it is to pull apart the steering plastic. 5 phillips compared to the 4 torx screws of my old 91 rustolier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts