B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all! Hope you're all enjoying the summer.

I just had some warranty work done on my '01 SE this morning at a nearby Nissan dealer. The passenger side airbag cover wasn't sitting flush with the top surface of the dash, and the right front side of the cover could easily be lifted off. I had called in about this problem a week earlier and the service manager said he'd order an entire airbag assembly and contact me for an appointment when the part arrived.

After the work was done, I chatted with him, and he told me all they did was replace some missing rubber shims under the clips that hold the cover down, instead of replacing the entire airbag assembly. The cover now sits *perfectly* flush with the dash surface and none of the edges can be lifted. He also mentioned that the vast majority of Sentras coming from the Aguascalientes plant has this problem, and that he had already handled numerous warranty claims for it. Incidentally, I believe what he said, because as I was waiting for the work to be done, I wandered up to the showroom floor and took a look at a couple of '01 Sentras on display there, and *both* of them had ill-fitting passenger airbag covers with lifting edges.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention this in case any of you had the same problem with your Sentras and were thinking of getting it addressed.

DL
'01 Sentra SE w/PP and GCH

G

·
Several people from the board have had the same problem. It's good to know that it is a relatively simple fix. So far, I haven't had any fit problems on my '01, so I assume I've got the shims.

·
Registered
297 Posts
this problem just arose on me

yeap this thing just happened to me last weekend, I noticed the cover on the front right side of it was coming off, I talked to nissan and they said they were going to order a bunch of stuff, but I guess I gotta go back and show them this page. maybe then they'll actually do the work...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts