·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rejisturd Youzer
510 Posts
Valve...

Well I don't beleive in those. There was an article somewhere about how they actually can do more harm than good. In theory theres a good idea here but if you notice where these things are mounted inline with your intake system, you will see that the purpose of having a Cold Air Intake is to maintain a cooler temperature of ari flow into the intake. And this piece is probably mounted infront of the MAF or behind. In front of the maf means that since our cars have crappy and ultra sensitive mafs, that the closer this opening is to the maf, the higher risk you have of affecting it. After the maf means well you sensor was not able to do its job and or the risk of now letting water into the manifold is now unpredictable. The way these things work are like airfilters. In the case of some airfilters, the way they keep dirt out of the engine is by being dirty. For example if you reuse your K&N airfilter by cleaning it then you acutally are at risk until the filter is dirty. When the filter is dirty then the filter can do its job and clean the air. The dirt acts like a screen on top of a screen. with all this being said, this product might need to be cleaned, if so then there is a risk of dirt entry. Also for your main concern about water, I used to live in Florida so I know how that is. I currently live in TX where it's either in drout or its flooding and cars sink. I run my cold air intake and realy have not had many problems unless you submerge the air filter. If you are concerned about water and are planning to mount this inline somewhere with your intake then you now have left a space where from the engine bay, water can leak into or get sucked into you intake system. I think it's a risk and the best thing you can do is run a short ram and try using the new AEM Dryflow filter. Hope I helped some. Sorry for the rant;)

gil

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I did end up changing it back to short ram with the AEM dryflow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts