B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that many of you have modded this out of your car but.. between the air filter and intake manifold there is a crooked rubber piece that appears to be a handle on this air intake line WTF???? What is it???

Thanks

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
778 Posts
im pretty sure its for noise reduction. me and richard of nisknacks was tryin to find out what to do with that. so we just took it out and put it in backwards...looked kinda goofy though.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That handle thing that you're talking about is actually a handle that Nissan puts on so this way when the mechanic's have to work on our cars they can jump up on the fenders and lift the engine out of the car :D

na just kiding I have no clue what it really is but I don't think it has a real reason.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adc100:
I know that many of you have modded this out of your car but.. between the air filter and intake manifold there is a crooked rubber piece that appears to be a handle on this air intake line WTF???? What is it???

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The handle that you're talking about, where is that at exactly? I think I remember it when I took out the stock intake tube, box and everything else..

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Marvin... Like I said its between the Air filter and the Intake manifold. It's just before (1") the Main clamp that clamps the air Inlet tube to the Intake Manifold. Its like 1" in diameter and seems hollow and its crooked like a handle. It's wierd, but must serve some purpose.

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm thinking mybe that rubber accordian pice is universal and maybe it's used in another car and that might be for some sort of an option that our cars don't have....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts