B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well let me put it to you this way... When the rest of Hurricanes Bonnie and Charlie made their way up here couple weeks ago I was really glad I had one on my nismo intake. I had ot drive up to JFK in NYC on Belt and uhh it was flooded, the engine would have definintelly sucked water in if not for the valve so uhh I think it's worth it seeing as huw much money it can save you in the long run on repairs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an ingestion problem once. I had to replace my maf sensor and my plugs. a lot of trouble and alot more than 50 dollars so I think def they are well worth it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good what is the normal time frame you shoud change a cai filter and the bypas just drains out the watter on its own ??

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
if you ever get to the point of submerging the CAI, you've got problems, or you suck at avoiding rivers, lol

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
The bypass doesn't hurt, it can only help, its the sole reason I bought the Nismo intake over any other.

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
still debating whether or not to buy the stupid bypass. i read on aem's website that they dont recommend the bypass valve because it changes the airflow inside the intake or something like that and have heard from members on the board that it can reduce the gains from the CAI. im lowered on progress springs, which isnt that low but then again new york does have its rain storms from time to time and i get scared drivin in them cuz i can barely see the road infront of me to dodge puddles. from what ive heard there has to be atleast a foot of water to submerge the filter. lets say roll into the "river" but dont accelerate until you clear it, will that help prevent hydrolock?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
The loss in power over a standard CAI would be so small you couldnt even tell on a dyno much less on the road.

·
Registered
105 Posts
FuLIsh said:
still debating whether or not to buy the stupid bypass. i read on aem's website that they dont recommend the bypass valve because it changes the airflow inside the intake or something like that and have heard from members on the board that it can reduce the gains from the CAI. im lowered on progress springs, which isnt that low but then again new york does have its rain storms from time to time and i get scared drivin in them cuz i can barely see the road infront of me to dodge puddles. from what ive heard there has to be atleast a foot of water to submerge the filter. lets say roll into the "river" but dont accelerate until you clear it, will that help prevent hydrolock?
I really doubt you'd be able to make it across since water will pretty much stop you in a second... I rather be safe than sorry.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
That test is a load of crap. Look at the length of tubing they use, and how much vertical tubing there is! Our entire CAI's are shorter than just the vertical section of that thing- it's BS for normal cars.
I said I would'nt install a CAI on my car without one at first, but after installing it, the positioning of the thing makes it absolutely a waste- the only place to mount it is right before the MAF.
In real life, I honestly doubt it would save you, if you're in a position where it would be effective.
I took it off and sold it, and would much rather have the additional silicone coupler I do, than the BPV.
My $.02- Don't waste your money, and don't drive thru puddles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts